hifi fuse

TrevC

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
You need the fuse to have good synergy with your power cable and wall outlet, so you should think of the three as a set when you upgrade.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Just ensure the fuses you buy are from a reputable outlet and not counterfeit.

I wouldn't trust any so-called 'audiophile' fuses to be compliant with all the necessary British Standards either.

Just get normal (genuine) fuses made to the recognised safety standards in your country.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Synergistic Red or now the black, only tried 1 internal got lots of Red's in mains cables - I love them

This is not the site for any discussion on this topic way too many negatives that kill threads like this - audiogon is better for example

TrevC

ID. said:
You need the fuse to have good synergy with your power cable and wall outlet, so you should think of the three as a set when you upgrade.

And the consumer unit shoulld be a Russ Andrews one, and the supply company should encase all the incoming cable in a woven sleeve with wooden blocks on the end. Don't get me started on the pylons.

TrevC

ellisdj said:
Synergistic Red or now the black, only tried 1 internal got lots of Red's in mains cables - I love them

This is not the site for any discussion on this topic way too many negatives that kill threads like this - audiogon is better for example

There is nothing positive to be said about scamming people, sorry.

TrevC

chebby said:
Just ensure the fuses you buy are from a reputable outlet and not counterfeit.

I wouldn't trust any so-called 'audiophile' fuses to be compliant with all the necessary British Standards either.

Just get normal (genuine) fuses made to the recognised safety standards in your country.

The ones already present in the amp will be hifi ones. If not, why would they be there?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
No one is scammed - 60 day return / full refund offered as far as I am aware. The rest is up to the individual to decide. No one forces anyone to buy it - no one forces anyone to keep it.

TrevC

ellisdj said:
No one is scammed - 60 day return / full refund offered as far as I am aware. The rest is up to the individual to decide. No one forces anyone to buy it - no one forces anyone to keep it.

You don't mess with fuses. They are there for safety reasons, chosen for their characteristics. Do you think you know more about the NAD amplifier than NAD do? There is no such thing as a hifi fuse, they are selling ordinary fuses of dubious origin, it's a method of deceiving the technically clueless. You might as well paint the mains lead a different colour for all the difference it will make.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
You replace the fuse with a like for like rating and size and fast or slow blow if internal. So there is no safety implications as its like for like. So far I have had no isse with safety nor have I read about any - touch wood. Normally the fuse rating is written on the back by the iec inlet or internally on the circuit board where the fuse is housed. Or its written on the fuse, but the info is not easy to read on the fuse I dont think

If your not confident in changing a fuse dont take the swop on - however generally its a very easy thing to do.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
ellisdj said:
So far I have had no isse with safety nor have I read about any - touch wood.

I prefer the traditional standards and certifications of such products rather than the apocryphal approach of 'a bloke on the hi-fi forum said it was ok - "touch wood"'.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
See what I mean about negativity - I personally found a large sonic benefit from changing my mains power cord fuses to Synergistic Reds, so much so I bought about 6 of them.

I just changed my processor internal fuse to a Synergistic Research Black fuse just recently and also found a sonic benefit but I have not had much time to do real testing so far. But its not going back

Nonsense or not to you Trev C king of pessimism and negativity that is what I think. They wont be the last ones I buy either

TrevC

ellisdj said:
See what I mean about negativity - I personally found a large sonic benefit from changing my mains power cord fuses to Synergistic Reds, so much so I bought about 6 of them.

I just changed my processor internal fuse to a Synergistic Research Black fuse just recently and also found a sonic benefit but I have not had much time to do real testing so far. But its not going back

Nonsense or not to you Trev C king of pessimism and negativity that is what I think. They wont be the last ones I buy either

Some people deserve to be ripped off. It isn't possible for any of the items you wasted money on to make the slightest difference. It simply can't happen.

TrevC

ellisdj said:
You replace the fuse with a like for like rating and size and fast or slow blow if internal. So there is no safety implications as its like for like. So far I have had no isse with safety nor have I read about any - touch wood. Normally the fuse rating is written on the back by the iec inlet or internally on the circuit board where the fuse is housed. Or its written on the fuse, but the info is not easy to read on the fuse I dont think

If your not confident in changing a fuse dont take the swop on - however generally its a very easy thing to do.

You are posting stupid dangerous nonsense. Please stop. Changing fuses doesn't affect performance.

gasolin

Germany-HiFi-Tuning-Manual-frozen-in-rhodium-plated-White-Gold-version-5-20mm-fuse-5A-Free.jpg

Sounds strange a "hifi" fuse can be directional http://singaporehifi.blogspot.dk/2014/01/aftermarket-fuses-synergistic-research.html

Those of you who don't think they make a difference, have you tried one (or 2 or 3)? (i havn't tried one, that's why i ask)

If not, isn't it like saying i don't like this food even when you havn't tried it?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
No money is wasted, its all spent on the end goal - of course I have replied to the Nigerian email claiming I am air to a non disclosed oil tycoon and I am about to receive a million of whatever currency in inheritance if I give them all my personal details

How do you think I paid for all the fuses

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Please, please, please explain how fitting a different fuse can alter the sound of an amp. I'm all ears.

TrevC

ellisdj said:
No money is wasted, its all spent on the end goal - of course I have replied to the Nigerian email claiming I am air to a non disclosed oil tycoon and I am about to receive a million of whatever currency in inheritance if I give them all my personal details

How do you think I paid for all the fuses

You are being funny but the underlying point is serious. There's also a safety issue. If a fuse or mains lead could be devised that can improve the sound of an amplifier why don't manufacturers fit them? Because they are bollocks, that's why.

http://sound.westhost.com/articles/myths.html

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

gasolin said:
Those of you who don't think they make a difference, have you tried one (or 2 or 3)? (i havn't tried one, that's why i ask)

If not, isn't it like saying i don't like this food even when you havn't tried it?

Explain to me how you think it CAN make a difference?

The people who make these products make money out of people trying them, convincing themselves that they DO make a difference, then after a while realising that they don't, but can't return them because it's past the 60 day cooling off period.

If you want an improved sound, change your amp or speakers, but DON'T waste your money on **** like this.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Trev C - its all testicales to you - I have no problem with you having that view, you have a huge problem with anyone having an alternative view. I am fine with that as well

If someone does so safely I dont see any issue with trying fuses out and returning if they are no improvement. Same as everything.

For 20 euros its unlikely a bank breaker to do so - I have not tried the op's suggested fuses so cannot comment on them. The ones I have tried are very expensive when you consider you can buy 10 equivalent fuses for under a £1 delivered. However I do not regret buying them one bit otherwise I would have sold them on / sent them back.

I agree that sometimes money can be better spent else where on someones system or more importanty their room but at this price point its not having a few beers we are talking about

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts