Bootneck

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
My name is Julian but friends call me Jools. I am a reserve royal marine ex 40 commando. I am an audio hobbyist and am looking to build a system that can play from my Mac so I guess I will be asking a lot of questions on how to set up media servers to what speakers are best with this kind of set up

i live in Bristol UK with the Mrs and 5 Maine **** Cats, they are another love and hobby at the same time although I wish they would stop using my speakers and set up as places to sleep.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to both of you. I'm afraid the Forum has become so depleted, since the website was completely screwed when up-dated -well God knows how long ago. Unfortunately many of the more experienced and much-gear listened to members have long gone elsewhere.

You won't get deliberately ignored I'm sure, but there is a serious shortage of regular posters; particularly who actually have an idea about what this game of hi-fi is all about.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
relocated said:
Welcome to both of you. I'm afraid the Forum has become so depleted, since the website was completely screwed when up-dated -well God knows how long ago. Unfortunately many of the more experienced and much-gear listened to members have long gone elsewhere.

You won't get deliberately ignored I'm sure, but there is a serious shortage of regular posters; particularly who actually have an idea about what this game of hi-fi is all about.

+1

@OP

I'm sure we will help if we can.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
If the OP hasn't beaten a hasty retreat by now, thanks to some thread-hijacking, it might be an idea for him, being based in Bristol, to take a wander around this weekend's Bristol Sound & Vision show and chat to some of the exhibitors re his plans and requirements.

OK, so he may not get impartial advice (after all, they're there to shift their products), but it may help him explore some alternatives.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts