HI-RES audio input through HDMI ?

stylo

Mar 11, 2021
Visit site
Hello,

There is no audio input on the LG OLED 65W7 soundbar, except HDMI (arc) and USB 3.0
I 'd like to connect a blutooth LDAC receiver (i.e. FiiO BTA30) , not that I will make a big difference with the TV implemented SBC codec, but in Bluetooth mode, my TV does not activate the 3.5mm headphone jack where is connected my subwoofer.
Is it possible to route a Hi-Res sound from the bluettoth receiver to an HDMI input ? I found some converter, which also emulate a blue screen as a video signal in order to activate the HDMI port. http://www.cypeurope.com/store/store/app/product/AU-11HB/Audio-only-HDMI-bridge
Any other way to achieve Hi-Res to my soundbar ?

stylo

Mar 11, 2021
Visit site
Guys, thx for contribution, but the OLED 65W7 is a wall paper TV with dedicated soundbar which cannot be replaced.
On this soundbar, the only analog output is headphone jack 3.5 where my sub is connected.
The pb is that when I stream some music to the Bluetooth soundbar, the headphone output (therefore my subwoofer) is deactivated.
That's why I was thinking to buy a Bluetooth receiver and connect it to HDMI to get my sub working.

camcroft

Guys, thx for contribution, but the OLED 65W7 is a wall paper TV with dedicated soundbar which cannot be replaced.
On this soundbar, the only analog output is headphone jack 3.5 where my sub is connected.
The pb is that when I stream some music to the Bluetooth soundbar, the headphone output (therefore my subwoofer) is deactivated.
That's why I was thinking to buy a Bluetooth receiver and connect it to HDMI to get my sub working.
Where are you streaming the music from the Fiio I don't think that you will be able to do two functions because the soundbar will be dealing with the Fiio how are you going to get it to do another function to transmit to the sub and is the sub wired into the soundbar. I might be wrong.

stylo

Mar 11, 2021
Visit site
From my phone to the fiio that would be connected on hdmi.
As I said I don't want to stream directly to the Bluetooth soundbar because I losse the sub

camcroft

From my phone to the fiio that would be connected on hdmi.
As I said I don't want to stream directly to the Bluetooth soundbar because I losse the sub
So does the sound from the Fiio come out of the soundbar but not the sub are there sound settings for the subwoofer if so I would check what they are because they would control the sound options like Dolby Atmos and the likes. Just a thought.

Last edited:

stylo

Mar 11, 2021
Visit site
At the moment, I didn't purchase any Bluetooth receiver. For now, when I stream to the soundbar, the sound does not come out from Headphone jack, where is connected my sub. If I put an HDMI source, like a satellite receiver, the sub works. That's why I'd like to find a converter, to be able to connect a Bluetooth receiver to one HDMI port.

camcroft

At the moment, I didn't purchase any Bluetooth receiver. For now, when I stream to the soundbar, the sound does not come out from Headphone jack, where is connected my sub. If I put an HDMI source, like a satellite receiver, the sub works. That's why I'd like to find a converter, to be able to connect a Bluetooth receiver to one HDMI port.
When you plug headphones into any device it stops the music from being heard.

stylo

Mar 11, 2021
Visit site

Quite expensive solution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts