Is it better to split Audio & Video from twin HDMI outputs on blu ray player?

Highlander

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I have an Oppo 103D blu ray with twin HDMI outputs-I have the HDMI 1 output set up by HDMI to my Denon AV3200W, then from the Receiver to TV. Does it improve picture quality /bandwith by taking the video signal direct to HDMI input on TV & audio HDMI output via Receiver? thanks

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hardly. Unless your receiver have issues dealing with the digital picture signal and sending it back through it's output it won't affect it either way. I've never noticed any discernible differences splitting the sound/video via HDMI.

RickyDeg

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
If anything, I'd say it's a smart solution in certain set-up's where one wants to route the signals separately for whatever reason. Let's say you have a receiver that can't handle 3D or 4K picture signals - you can then route audio from one HDMI output to the receiver and the other HDMI output for the video directly to the display without involving the receiver.

But in terms of pure performance, splitting signals won't make any difference. Some Blu-ray manufacturers like to claim this is the case but that is pure marketing gibberish. As mentioned above it's good for other reasons.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts