Hi i got a big problem! Can`t get pictures or sound from my receiver from my new 3D Tv

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi peoples

Got a big problem! Can`t get pictures or sound from my receiver (Pioneer sc-lx72) with my Samsung UE46ES8000.

Can someone please help me?

Many Thanks

Best Regards

A

Anonymous

Hi Nads

I have plug everything on receiver ps3, blu ray + pc and then i use (HDMI OUT) to HDMI on my old led tv, then i got picture and sound.

And when i plug into my new Samsung led 3d smart tv i get nothing.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like ARC to me. If you got sound from connecting your last tv by using a HDMI cable only then it would point to you perhaps not using the correct HDMI socket on the tv as normally only one is ARC enabled and you need to connect to this type of HDMI socket to get sound and pictures from the tv.

Check your connections on the tv as on my old Panasonic GT30 the ARC HDMI was on HDMI 2 and not 1, it may even be the case that there is a setting within the menu to activate it but that's unlikely, however as i don't own the tv i couldn't say for certain.

I presume that when you connected your last tv to the amp you didn't use an optical cable or standard RCA leads to get sound from the tv to the amp??

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I'm not entirely convinced he's talking about getting sound from the TV to the amp at all, I think he's saying when he plugs everything into his new TV he doesn't get audio or video from ANYTHING. I might be wrong of course (it has happened...) but until he comes back and clarifies matters we'll never know.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
I'm not entirely convinced he's talking about getting sound from the TV to the amp at all, I think he's saying when he plugs everything into his new TV he doesn't get audio or video from ANYTHING. I might be wrong of course (it has happened...) but until he comes back and clarifies matters we'll never know.

That may well be the case as it's not entirely clear what the issue is from the OPs original post, hopefully he clears up what the issue actually is soon but from the way I read it I thought the issue was with sound from the tv to the amp but of course I may well be wrong about that and got it completely wrong (not for the first time) :)

A

Anonymous

Hi peoples

Thank you for your reply, i think its the Arc problem i have plugged the amp Hdmi out to Hdmi 2 <-- Arc

Nothing happens, wont find signal or sound.

The Anynet find my receiver but wont show up in source mode.

I dont have optical cable, didnt used that on my old tv.

Pioneer LX-SC72 doesnt support ARC or dont have 1.4 (3D) hdmi.

But all i know the new receivers 1.4 (3D) have Arc hdmi out something like that,

What i did on my previous tv, with my amp.

I plugged ps3,blu ray and pc on HDMI 1-2-3

1 cable to HDMI out to TV-HDMI, and there i got picture + sound.

Pluss i fixed something on my pc, that my amp is the main sound for my pc.

So all i want is, everything comes from my amp picture and sound through receiver to Tv.

nads

Heat87 said:
Hi peoples

Thank you for your reply, i think its the Arc problem i have plugged the amp Hdmi out to Hdmi 2 <-- Arc

Nothing happens, wont find signal or sound.

The Anynet find my receiver but wont show up in source mode.

I dont have optical cable, didnt used that on my old tv.

Pioneer LX-SC72 doesnt support ARC or dont have 1.4 (3D) hdmi.

But all i know the new receivers 1.4 (3D) have Arc hdmi out something like that,

What i did on my previous tv, with my amp.

I plugged ps3,blu ray and pc on HDMI 1-2-3

1 cable to HDMI out to TV-HDMI, and there i got picture + sound.

Pluss i fixed something on my pc, that my amp is the main sound for my pc.

So all i want is, everything comes from my amp picture and sound through receiver to Tv.
so you are saying your old TV had an HDMI out? well your new TV does not. and your AMP does not have ARC so you need more wires. what depends on what there is on the TV and if it will pass sound from the source you want or you need to do what most people do and that is connect your kit to the AMP first and then an HDMI to the TV.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Heat87 said:
Pioneer LX-SC72 doesnt support ARC...

I'm still not clear on what you're trying to achieve? If you know the amp doesn't support ARC then don't use the ARC HDMI on your TV, use HDMI 1 instead.

I might be imagining it but I seem to recall some people mentioning that some TVs require the HDMI ports to be individually enabled (ie the ports are switched off by default), sounds daft to me, I don't recall doing that on my TV but that might also be something to look at.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts