HI-FI Stacking (help stop an argument)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
One dealer told me to put cd player on the top as signal will flow better....I did laugh!
emotion-2.gif

The end of the day it all come down to what have you got? I seen a stack of Cyrus, I mean a proper stack, one of top of the other...and other...and other, they sound just fine to my ears.

Class D gears produce hardly any heat so no worry there (frog
emotion-5.gif
) but if you are using Sugden masterclass you should have a dedicate rack for the massive lump of amp....get my drift?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I've said this before, but my rack really tightened the sound, and brought out far more bass. Not slightly either. To say I was flabbergasted is somewhat of an understatement, as I was a big non-believer.

ÿ

ÿ

boogie

Aug 13, 2008
Visit site
What about systems like Quad? I have a Quad77 CD/Pre/Power/Power in a bi-amp set-up all using the Quad Link cables. If I wanted to un-stack the 4 boxes I would have to buy 3 x longer links at £98 each. If I use the longer cables would they degrade the sound more than the short ones? and why supply the short links as standard if they should not be stacked? Does the extra weight deaden any vibration?

a.g.

May 30, 2008
Visit site
JoelSim:
I've said this before, but my rack really tightened the sound, and brought out far more bass. Not slightly either. To say I was flabbergasted is somewhat of an understatement, as I was a big non-believer.

What rack do you have? I'll be in the market for one sometime, once I get my CD player sorted.

dexxas

Apr 16, 2008
Visit site
come on come on Where we all confused is the brochure and advertising makes us think its ok to stack on top of each other

Whats confusing all of us lets have a bit of honesty. we all buy hi fi from looking at advertisement.

i chose the Roksan system on the way it looked on the adverts . Then i went t and give it a listen it was impressed after i went back home and looked at the glossy advertising again and read some reviews.

what sold it to me was the brocher and the stacking arangement . You have to admit one thing experts . The componants looks asecticly better stacked on top of each other. I site Roksan own web page . Look at that caspian system.. gorgous its that picture that sells it agreed it makes you want to go buy it take it home and put it your shelf like that. Its what sold it to you. and give it a listen. Wonder why dont you mention this in your arguments?

scroll the arrow

http://www.roksan.co.uk/

Tarxman

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
dexxas said:
come on come on Where we all confused is the brochure and advertising makes us think its ok to stack on top of each other

Whats confusing all of us lets have a bit of honesty. we all buy hi fi from looking at advertisement.

i chose the Roksan system on the way it looked on the adverts . Then i went t and give it a listen it was impressed after i went back home and looked at the glossy advertising again and read some reviews.

what sold it to me was the brocher and the stacking arangement . You have to admit one thing experts . The componants looks asecticly better stacked on top of each other. I site Roksan own web page . Look at that caspian system.. gorgous its that picture that sells it agreed it makes you want to go buy it take it home and put it your shelf like that. Its what sold it to you. and give it a listen. Wonder why dont you mention this in your arguments?

scroll the arrow

http://www.roksan.co.uk/

Given this thread is from 6 years ago, Roksan's website may have looked somewhat different...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts