Hi-Fi Spring clean?

AJ82

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
With the excection of a hand me down record deck, my set ups close to eight year old. I have a Roksan Kandy KA1 - mk111 intergrated amp, a Roksan Kandy KD1 - mk111 cd player, a pair of Nordost blue heavens joining them, chord rumour 2 speaker cable going to my much loved Canton ergo dc900 floorstanders.

As much as ive enjoyed listening to my gear, its time for a change.

Im thinking, sell the amp an find one with valves in that would compliment the cantons?

Or buy a Kandy L111 and more speaker cable and another set of interconnects?

Or just keep the cd player an get new amp and speakers?

Any pointers would be appreciated

AJ82

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
would a linn lk85 go with my amp? the roksan being 120w per channel and the linn being 85w per channel. is the difference too much? please help someone

Andy J

A

Anonymous

Hi pal, just a quicky! I would like to but the cd player if you are selling :dance:

please private message me if interested?

cheers

AJ82 said:
With the excection of a hand me down record deck, my set ups close to eight year old. I have a Roksan Kandy KA1 - mk111 intergrated amp, a Roksan Kandy KD1 - mk111 cd player, a pair of Nordost blue heavens joining them, chord rumour 2 speaker cable going to my much loved Canton ergo dc900 floorstanders.

As much as ive enjoyed listening to my gear, its time for a change.

Im thinking, sell the amp an find one with valves in that would compliment the cantons?

Or buy a Kandy L111 and more speaker cable and another set of interconnects?

Or just keep the cd player an get new amp and speakers?

Any pointers would be appreciated

Well the Kandy MkIII amp and CDP are still very capable. Not heard the Canton speakers, so tell us where it's lacking, or what you want to improve? And your budget is?

AJ82

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
hi and thanks for replying,

quick update on equipment....

Roksan kandy intergrated amp... SOLD

I`ve bought a Linn Wakonda Pre amp and a Linn lk100. It`s a welcome change from the Kandy.

I`ve bought 2 x 2m lenghts of Nordost blue heaven speaker cable bi wired off ebay.co.uk secondhand (which will arrive this week hopefully)

And also a second pair of blue heaven interconects.

next step is to get another cd player, ive investigated what my kandy kd-1 is worth an it`s only worth between £100-£200. I`d rather keep it at the minute as a spare. It`s been a good cd player so far, untill it decided to start skipping most of my cd`s. I took the back off it an cleaned the lense with a cotton bud and some meths, it worked a treat.

I can`t see the linn stuff lasting in my house to be honest. I love my AC/DC and rock music in general and the linn gear isn`t that suited to it i don`t think... Possibly i`ll look at some naim stuff or try a lk140 before i give up on linn

As for my budget, i`ve pretty much blown it, I`ve seen a naim cd5 for sale on ebay for £450. Im thinking this could be a sound move. 500 ish on a cd player is within reach soon i hope.

AJ82

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
bette

[/quote]

Well the Kandy MkIII amp and CDP are still very capable. Not heard the Canton speakers, so tell us where it's lacking, or what you want to improve? And your budget is?

[/quote]

Blue heaven bi wire 2x2m arrived yesterday. im very impressed, ive had the chord odyssey 2 4x2m biwiring the lk100 to the cantons for about 6 weeks now. The new speaker cable is nothing short of amazing. The odyssey 2 was good but the difference between them really is night and day.

24 hours of listening to the new improvements that the blue heaven (now) has made, this is my sumary. My treble is alot clearer, mid range is fairly dominant and clear, guitars and vocals bounce out me. The bass is a bit errrr boomy... loose... bit back seat roll in comparison to the treble and mid. Its not offensive but its certainly standing out as "needs attention".

listening to cd`s ; Pantera - cowboys from hell ; pink floyd - dark side, animals, division bell ; ac/dc - if you want blood

AJ82

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
:help:

After listening to my new set up for a few months now, I`ve decided that the linn lk100 and the Wakonda combo is alot clearer than the roksan kandy intergrated, but lacks alot in the weighty bass department.

Im thinking of getting a Meidian 556 power amp and using the wakonda for now...

Any thoughts?

Andy

AJ82

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Excellent... Thanks alot for recomending that site. I`ve not heard anyone talk about Musical Fidelity before... This is new territory for me.

Andy

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
The musical fidelity M6i will sort out your loose bass and everything else to it realy is a great amp for everything from rock to folk and all things between 200w per channell:rockout: >) :rockout: >) :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout: :rockout:

AJ82

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
A fine suggestion. That certainly looks likes a capable little beasty. A touch pricey, unless i could find a second hand one.

I have found an xp200 for £475 secondhand on the net somewhere.

Also a copland csa 303 pre, and a copland csa 515 power amp on http://www.audioemotion.co.uk/pre_owned.php about 1150 fo the pair.

I`d like to be able to listen to them both, but because of location it`s not really viable. I`m gonna have to toss a coin eventually and spend somewhere in the region of £1200/£1600 on my amp in the next 2 months, pefferably second hand, I just want more bang for my buck.

Followed by a cd player haha

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
AJ82 said:
A fine suggestion. That certainly looks likes a capable little beasty. A touch pricey, unless i could find a second hand one.

I have found an xp200 for £475 secondhand on the net somewhere.

Also a copland csa 303 pre, and a copland csa 515 power amp on http://www.audioemotion.co.uk/pre_owned.php about 1150 fo the pair.

I`d like to be able to listen to them both, but because of location it`s not really viable. I`m gonna have to toss a coin eventually and spend somewhere in the region of £1200/£1600 on my amp in the next 2 months, pefferably second hand, I just want more bang for my buck.

Followed by a cd player haha

Not sure if you're in the UK, but if so, give Gary and Mark a call at Audio Emotion and they may well allow a home demo.

Mac

AJ82

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I am in the Cumbria area. It`s a 2 hour drive or so up to fife from home. I`ll get myself up asap to see them. Thanks again

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts