Hi-Fi Set Up

Saint Nick

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I have an arcam A85 amplifier, CD73 cd player and monitor audio RS6 speakers. I like american rock music and like a punchy tight bass sound. I have been disappointed with my set up;it sounds a bit tinny. On recommendation I updated my phono leads to a 'CORD company 'chameleon' cable. Unfortunately I have rectangular lounge and the speakers are placed either side of the end of the room and the cd/amplifier is placed on a wooden sideboard. I don't whether I am expecting too much from my set up or the speakers aren't compatible to my system or sound preference. Any advice/opinion would be appreciated. Thanks

scene

Hi, I've never found my a85 tinny, and I've got MA Silver 8i speakers, which have similar tonal qualities to the RS6. And I listen to a lot of rock. So something is amiss. Some questions. What speaker cables? I assume you're not bi-wiring, so have you checked the plates that connect the HF and LF are in place on the back of the speakers. Now, I have heard of some people running bi-wire from the A85 using the SP1 and SP2 outputs. If you are doing this, you've got to have both sp1 and sp2 selected on the amp. Oh yes, have you got the port bunts in the rs6, if so remove them.

A

Anonymous

try to create an equilateral triangle between you and the speakers. The lack of bass is probably a lack of focus. The gear you have is all of a great calibre. If this dosnt solve the issue make sure the speakers are hooked up properly and that all the drivers are working when music is playing.

T

the record spot

Saint Nick:Hi, I have an arcam A85 amplifier, CD73 cd player and monitor audio RS6 speakers. I like american rock music and like a punchy tight bass sound. I have been disappointed with my set up;it sounds a bit tinny. On recommendation I updated my phono leads to a 'CORD company 'chameleon' cable. Unfortunately I have rectangular lounge and the speakers are placed either side of the end of the room and the cd/amplifier is placed on a wooden sideboard. I don't whether I am expecting too much from my set up or the speakers aren't compatible to my system or sound preference. Any advice/opinion would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried repositioning the speakers? Moving them around a little and seeing which position best suits your setup? Have you tried moving them slightly closer to a rear wall? This can help reinforce the bass and maybe give a little more balance to your sound. I wouldn't have thought that the combination of your equipment would be bass light as there seems to be a good balance, but that's not obviously panning out as per your experience.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts