Hi fi set up for kitchen

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking for a tidy, discrete and decent sounding set up for our kitchen. Its about 30ft x 15ft across with cooking done at one end and a dining table at the other. The source will be itunes/iphone/spotify through Apple AirPort Express and I'm considering two options:

A pair of JBL control's or similar size wall mounted above up in the corners at the eating end (facing the length of the room); or a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze bookshelf speakers, or similar, to sit on a shelf in an alcove at the cooking end of the room, (facing across the room).

I'm also reading good things about D class and T class amps - they're small and look like great value.

I've haven't bought any hifi for a few years now so out of the loop a bit. My main set up is Monitor Audio silver series 5i floor standers, Marantz PM63SE KI Sig amp, Marantz PM63SE CD, Rega Planar 2.

My budget for the speakers and amp is £400-£500. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Ryan92

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Some active bookshelf speakers perhaps? Some Audioengines or similar? I'd say they would probably get you the neatest (and best value) solution in that price bracket.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts