Hi-Fi in Hong Kong

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm moving to HK in a few weeks and will be looking for a HF System. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a place to shop (& try out). I am looking for a place that has variety, but don't really know what brands are available there. I lived in Thailand for a few years and am guessing some of the same brands are available (Marantz, Onkyo, NAD) for amps. My real concern is which speakers will be available. In Thailand, it seemed that speaker choices were limited. I'd love to pick up some Monitor Audio's with a Marantz PM 6002/or 7001.

Any help wold be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Keith

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
nyahkeith:
In Thailand, it seemed that speaker choices were limited.

Oh No! In Bangkok you could buy lots and lots of different HiFi.

I can't edit my post so sorry about like below (just a smallish website!)
http://www.audioexcellence.co.th/software/product/?cat=175&lang=en&PHPSESSID=8bc91df7cc994d815f6a1181a02b68f9

A

Anonymous

Dude, I live in Hong Kong. ÿConsidering the small size of typical hong kong apartments - the people here LOVE their Hi-Fi considering that I am originally from Australia.

ÿ

ÿI suggest you go to Mong Kok. ÿEasiest way is to go onto the MTR line and get off at exit E2 (the bank center exit)....walk forward about 20 meters and there is a tiny entrance to the left before the body shop. ÿThis narrow building has many floors of Hi-Fi gear from floor 5 to floor 11. ÿThey carry pretty much every brand there.

A

Anonymous

Thaiman:nyahkeith:
In Thailand, it seemed that speaker choices were limited.

Oh No! In Bangkok you could buy lots and lots of different HiFi.

I can't edit my post so sorry about like below (just a smallish website!)
http://www.audioexcellence.co.th/software/product/?cat=175

A

Anonymous

I moved to HK a few months ago and had the same question. Basically Mongkok is your best bet - in addition to the place above the BodyShop there is also a great place in the basement of Langham Place (a shiny shopping centre also near Monkok MTR) - thats where I bought my complete Monitor Audio surround speaker package and Denon 3808. There's also a bunch of hi-fi stores in a building in Central (Duddell Street I believe) which houses some very high end stores and also a B&W store.

Definitely loads of choice!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely be checking out those stores in the coming weeks. Can't wait to finally get a decent system.

Cheers,

Keith

TRENDING THREADS