Hi Everyone

geordie777

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I have joined this forum to seek advice from your very knowledgable and from what I have read so far very helpful members on upgrading or should I say totally renewing my old technics system as I think my battered old ears need to be treated a bit better over the coming years.

Many thanks

Kevin

geordie777

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for the welcome. Still a bit daunted by how many options and how much choice their is out there. Thought upgrading from my trusty old technics would be quite straight forward and did have a few ideas but every time I think I have made a decision I read something that puts a doubt in my mind.

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
There are several factors you need to address firstly Buget, do you want 5.1 7.1 what make do you have in mind, do want blu-ray, is music important to you. You say that you had an idea of you want but changed your mind because of something you read, anything you read online or in mags should only be used as i guide line and help with your choice. As always if you have something in mind try and audition the products, if you can be a little more specific on your requirments I am sure you will get the help you need, and remember try not to get stressed if this is your first upgrade enjoy it especailly if you have money burning a whole in your pocket.

Hope this a little. ;)

Ashley

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Firstly hello and welcome
wave.gif

I agree with Pioneer7, without at leasst knowing your budget and main use you could get very varied suggestions. I could say go with the Marantz combo, as found in the latest WhatHiFi mag, when you want 5.1 surround. Or something that costs £2000 when you have £500 to spend.

geordie777

May 16, 2012
Visit site
What I am looking it do is upgrade my hifi not interested in surround sound. Also want to stream music from pc upstairs to my hifi downstairs. Budget wise up to £1500. I have a lot of vinyl so would want to upgrade my turntable and have been considering a rega rp1 or 3. Need some advice on an amp but have considered a marantz. Think I will keep my technics cd player as I am happy with that and have also been considering the new monitor audio bronze bx2 speakers. To stream my music from upstairs A Dacmagic >airport express. The hifi will be in my living room. The speakers are 2.5 meters apart and my listening point is about 2.8meters from the centre. Thanks for your comments so far and I hope this makes things clearer for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts