Hi all looking for advice about an amp upgrade

Snake charmer

Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
Hi, just wondered if anyone has any advice on whether a rotel a14 would be a worthy upgrade from a Marantz pm6007…also considering a rega brio ? Looking to pair with q acoustics 3050i.

Hi, just wondered if anyone has any advice on whether a rotel a14 would be a worthy upgrade from a Marantz pm6007…also considering a rega brio ? Looking to pair with q acoustics 3050i.
as pretty much the same pricewise I wouldn't consider this an upgrade, a sideways move with different dynamics perhaps but only you could determine whether it is an upgrade for you.
What's lacking from the Marantz and why did you buy it in the first place?
I consider the best upgrades come from a change of source of speakers, perhaps you should be looking to upgrade your speakers rather than the amp.

suburbansky

Mar 15, 2022
Visit site
I'd also be interested in this, as I am looking into buying either the Marantz PM6007 or the Rega Brio and still wonder whether the Brio would be worth it, as it costs roughly double the Marantz.

Snake charmer

Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
as pretty much the same pricewise I wouldn't consider this an upgrade, a sideways move with different dynamics perhaps but only you could determine whether it is an upgrade for you.
What's lacking from the Marantz and why did you buy it in the first place?
I consider the best upgrades come from a change of source of speakers, perhaps you should be looking to upgrade your speakers rather than the amp.
Hi appreciate the feedback..do you have any suggestions of which speakers would make a better upgrade and what pair well with the Marantz?

Basso

Nov 13, 2021
Visit site
I agree with the Dali suggestion. It’s what I have and very happy with them. The Marantz amp punches above its weight in my opinion.

Snake charmer

Nov 17, 2021
Visit site
I agree with the Dali suggestion. It’s what I have and very happy with them. The Marantz amp punches above its weight in my opinion.
Hi just been looking at some Dali’s what range would you suggest , my budget is around £350 second hand..was thinkim along the lives of the Oberon but not sure?

Basso

Nov 13, 2021
Visit site
I have a set of the Zensor 3 which I then upgraded to the Oberon 7.
The Zensor range was replaced by the Oberon range. If you can get a pair or Zensor 3 or Oberon 3 within your budget then I am sure you won’t be disappointed. Just my opinion of course.

Reactions: Al ears

robdmarsh

I had Zensor 3 for a bit and didn't get on with them at all. Thick, boomy bass, and a midrange that was practically AWOL. They were paired with a Marantz m-cr 603 which probably didn't have enough power for them but having said that this amp was fine with Elac debut b5 which was not a very sensitive speaker.

Hi just been looking at some Dali’s what range would you suggest , my budget is around £350 second hand..was thinkim along the lives of the Oberon but not sure?
Floorstanders I presume unless you already own speaker stands.....
However I don't quite understand where you are at, you have a pair of speakers that cost more than you intend to spend to upgrade them and your original post mentioned amps that cost way more than £350.
Can you clarify exactly what you aim to achieve...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts