Help with Yamaha 763

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

I have my 763 connected to the tv with a cheap 1m HDMI cable (£3 from ebuyer I think it was), and the OSD appears on the tv no problems. It is worth trying a different cable, but I don't think its worth spending any more than a few quid on one.

A

Anonymous

Well i am going to take it back and get a new one, i believe that it was the AV reciever that is broken because of the fact that it didnt work in either of the TV's HDMI ports and when i tried my other cable it still wouldnt work.

A

Anonymous

I spent ages trying to set mine up last night.

I could get the OSD to come thru HDMI ok out of the box but I did have to press the 'display' button on the remote and it took a little while for it to display.

I couldn't however get my dvd player to work over HDMI until I had connected it with s-video direct to the TV and changed the output on the DVD player to HDMI!!

also make sure your cables are pushed very firmly home. don't ask how i know!

A

Anonymous

Hi Tom,

Did you try on your TV input settings to change to HDMI before?

It could be the settings in your TV did not select HDMI and your output of HDMI from your receiver is already sending thru Composite and HDMI.

As some LCD's needs to set the interface you are using like SHARP.

Do try it.

Hope it works.

Regards.

TRENDING THREADS