Help with Surround Sound speakers

cball313

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi All,I am looking at getting a new home cinema system for my home. The main problem lies with the surround sound system; my budget is very low £550 but was hoping to get separates. I like the Onkyo 605 (found it for £350), but are stuck on speakers. I have seen Kef 1005 and Jamo A102HCS5 but don’t know if that will work best. Your thoughts would really help
Cheers.

A

Anonymous

Where did you find the Onkyo 605 for £350? I'm also thinking about getting the Kef KHT1005 to go with this system as I've read some pretty good reviews. Someone mentioned that this months mag has a 5.1 speaker review so I will be checking this out.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Jamos are tested on p11 of the current (November) issue, and very lovely they are, too - definitely worth auditioning alongside the also-excellent KEFs.

The results of a face-off between the two packages will be in our Awards issue, out in three weeks' time....

cball313

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the replys. I think I will go for the Onkyo 605 and maybe wait for the awards issue. I saw the Jamo in this months mag which made me add them to the list.

Another set I like are the Mordaunt Short Premiere package are these good? and go well with the 605?

The Onkyo 605 http://cart.mikemanningaudio.com/index.php?p=product&id=167&parent=0 but have realised the website does not include VAT until chekout which makes it £400, sorry.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The MS Premieres were a very decent, four-star package in their day, when we tested them at £400, so worth a listen, BUT (and it's a big but), standards have risen so much in the past few years that I think the more modern set-ups will have the edge.

cball313

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Ahh Looking at the date it looks like it was 2002 when they were tested, forgot to check that.

I will take your advise and wait for the awards in a few weeks. Thanks for all your help.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts