Help with speaker cable

diegoc

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Following this thread and seeing that they have several experiences I can think of consulting something similar, my system is composed by:

Turntables Technics 1200 MKII with Ortofon capsule
Arcam A28 Integrated Amplifier
CD player Arcam CD17
Radio tuner Arcam T32
Speakers: Monitor Audio Silver 6

Gradually I was putting together this system and I'm going around with the topic of speaker cables, reading this and other places I came up with these three possibilities:

Audioquest FLX-SLiP 14/4 (the one that convinces me the most)
Van den Hul The Clearwater
Chord Company Clearway

Which do you think will be the best that suits my system ???

Of course, I thank you for your answers.

Regards,

Gray

Hello diegoc,

Have you seen the cable discussions on the forum?

From them you should have gathered that either: You couldn't possibly hear a difference between cables, even if you do, it's your imagination.

Or: You can expect a difference but, at best that difference will be (extremely) subtle.

You can of course always read the expert reviews - especially if you're in need of amusement.

If, as you say, the Audioquest convinces you the most then go with that. It certainly met my requirements for adequate gauge, pure copper conductors at a less than stupid price. If the neutrality of my system is anything to go by, it will do no harm to your sound (which is all you can ask).

eagle123

May 4, 2012
Visit site
speaker cables do subtly reveal the sound some cables like the qed silver are more brighter trebley so more into your face, best rule is to balance the sonic out, so you can listen to the music comfortably.

when reviewers say that this is more revealing what that means is the cable is bright sounding, now i tend to balance my system out to be neutral, as best as i could.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
eagle123 said:
speaker cables do subtly reveal the sound some cables like the qed silver are more brighter trebley so more into your face, best rule is to balance the sonic out, so you can listen to the music comfortably.

when reviewers say that this is more revealing what that means is the cable is bright sounding, now i tend to balance my system out to be neutral, as best as i could.

yes it's very hard to get a good balance for your stereo but the rewards can be magical

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
eagle123 said:

Silver is bright and gives a brighter sound but then so is copper if its polished. :-(

diegoc

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Thank you for your prompt responses and apologize for my delay in responding.

So far I could not test any "magic cable" but I was able to test different types of cable and I can confirm that there are differences in sound according to the type of cable (always copper, never silver). I do not think there is a cable that does wonders but I think there should be a cable that optimizes the sound of my equipment.

Again thanks for your answers, they are all very useful for me. It is always good to listen to different experiences when making a decision.

Best regards,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts