help with setting up Sony DA2400ES with Jamo 200 Subwoofer!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Recently purchased Sony 2400ES to go with my Jamo A10 speaker package.

The instructions for the auto calibration on 2400ES state:

• When a subwoofer is connected turn on the subwoofer, turn on the subwoofer and turn up the volume beforehamd. Turn the MASTER VOLUME knob to just before the mid-point.
  • If you connect a subwoofer with the crossover frequency function, set the value to maximum.
  • If you connect a subwoofer with an auto stanby function, set it to off (deactivated).

The Jamo 200 sub has 3 min / max controls for LEVEL, CUT OFF & PHASE. Also switch for ON/AUTO/OFF

Completely lost on how I should set up the sub prior to the auto calibration???

Also 2400ES has an auto calibration type that should be selected when storing the results of the auto calibration, choices are:

• full flat
  • Engineer
  • front reference
  • off

Which is the best setting??

To save me mucking about has anybody got experience of this set up and could they give me a few pointers?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
AndyJS:
Recently purchased Sony 2400ES to go with my Jamo A10 speaker package.

The instructions for the auto calibration on 2400ES state:

• When a subwoofer is connected turn on the subwoofer, turn on the subwoofer and turn up the volume beforehamd. Turn the MASTER VOLUME knob to just before the mid-point.
  • If you connect a subwoofer with the crossover frequency function, set the value to maximum.
  • If you connect a subwoofer with an auto stanby function, set it to off (deactivated).

The Jamo 200 sub has 3 min / max controls for LEVEL, CUT OFF & PHASE. Also switch for ON/AUTO/OFF

Completely lost on how I should set up the sub prior to the auto calibration???

Also 2400ES has an auto calibration type that should be selected when storing the results of the auto calibration, choices are:

• full flat
  • Engineer
  • front reference
  • off

Which is the best setting??

To save me mucking about has anybody got experience of this set up and could they give me a few pointers?

For the amp have it as full flat. Back to the subwoofer, which I used to have. Leave it on Auto and turn the others to full and phase to 12 o'clock. Then, set your speakers as small on your receiver's GUI. Set the crossover cut off to 120-140hz. Then your sub will help your speakers out nicely. Job done.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for this, you know your stuff ..... now sounds great!

A

Anonymous

I just saw your post regarding this setup I have the Jamo A104 set with the 200 sub and was wondering if you could help me with the sub setup. I have a Sony STR DG-820 I first used the auto setup but it did not sound right in the base settings. I have set the phase on the woofer to 12 o clock and the crossover and volume to full. Now on the GUI on the amp I have set the crossover for the centre front and rear surrounds to 140 and made sure the speaker size was small. It sounds better but now seems to have a lot of rumble. Any ideas if it is setup correctly or what I could do to make it better. I also had to bring up the center level to hear voice soundtrack better.

Thanks

Zeroasylum

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts