Help with Music

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
On Chris Rea's album " Dancing With Strangers, there is an interesting track called " Donahue's Broken Wheel".

It is a bluesy number featuring (I believe) a slide guitar.

Apart from perhaps George Thorogood, does anyone know of similar type of music to this?

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

Try the Derek Trucks band, who is a fairly young blues/slide player who has been highly rated. Try Spotify to explore free listening.

Bonnie Raitt is an older blues guitarist/singer/songwriter who plays some very tasteful slide; she has a substantial back catalogue. Sonny Landreth is also a veteran slide blues great.

A

Anonymous

Try a search for Jeff Healey
emotion-11.gif

Alternatively you could try the King of the bottle neck Blues.....Elmore James.....if you haven't heard a decent vinyl reproduction of "Dust My Broom".....you haven't heard the blues.....

Some of Pete Green's (Fleetwood Mac) stuff can be quite entertaining if you like slide/blues.

SteveR750

Ry Cooder, but choose carefully as his music has covered all sorts of genres over the years. Bonnie Rait is extremely talented slide guitarist. More recent exponents with a more heavy rock sound might include Rose Tattoo and The Black Crowes. Others include Elmore James of course, Duane Allman, Robert Johnson (arguably the father of blues) Muddy Waters, Johnny Winter, Lowell George and sonny Landreth to name but a few that immediately spring to mind. Claptons tribute album to Robert Johnson features the odd bit of tasty slide in it too.

A

Anonymous

Although not to my taste, an tasty guitarist nonetheless, Joe Bonamassa.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
jakeblues68:
Try a search for Jeff Healey
emotion-11.gif

Awesome. I am a big fan
emotion-21.gif

stevie ray vaughan is another one, not so heavy on slide but unbeatable when it's come to blues.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
SteveR750: are I believe considerably younger and in some cases still alive!

Still alive? Sell outs. I dont listen to people who are still alive*. They dont make 'em like they sed to...or somefink.

* Scarpers before anyone remembers I'm an R.E.M. fan...

I apologise for being absolutely no help at all EDIT tho id agree heartily with some of the reccommendations above.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts