Help with Hi-fi lingo!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I found the following sentence in the description of a Denon hi-fi system I'm looking to buy.

"Newly developed power amplifier stage / separated block construction / ‘Simple & Straight’ circuit design "

Can someone please explain what it means and if it has any real correlation to sound quality? I tried to google without luck.

Thanks a million.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
siulca said:
I found the following sentence in the description of a Denon hi-fi system I'm looking to buy.

"Newly developed power amplifier stage / separated block construction / ‘Simple & Straight’ circuit design "

Can someone please explain what it means and if it has any real correlation to sound quality? I tried to google without luck.

Thanks a million.
That's marketing jargon and has no correlation to sound quality. Don't worry about it.

Similar (even identical) combinations of the same words could pretty much describe 90 percent of integrated amplifiers.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the helpful reply chebby.

I was wondering that perhaps the "separated block construction" describes the design of most seperate amplifiers vs the all-in-one boxes?

And I'd still be curious to find out why a "‘Simple & Straight’ circuit design" is a desirable thing to have!

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
AFAIK

Separated block design just means the different sections (pre amp, power amp) are separated to minimize interference and noise.

Simple and straight circuit design works on the theory that the less distance the signal has the travel and the less processing it goes through the less signal degradation there will be.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts