Help with headphone amp connection and Cyrus XPD amp

McThommo

Dec 6, 2020
Visit site
can anyone help me with a question my brother just asked me- he has a Cyrus XPD6 and has just got a HeadBox DS for his Grado SR325e and is looking to connect them to the cyrus via RCA- he has all Cyrus cables and wants to use these.
What should he connect the rca out from the Headbox to the amp as he cant work it out- I dont have headphones so cant help him
Thanks for any help

Gray

can anyone help me with a question my brother just asked me- he has a Cyrus XPD6 and has just got a HeadBox DS for his Grado SR325e and is looking to connect them to the cyrus via RCA- he has all Cyrus cables and wants to use these.
What should he connect the rca out from the Headbox to the amp as he cant work it out- I dont have headphones so cant help him
Thanks for any help
Ideally he wants a fixed level line output -but it looks like the usual candidate ('tape out') is absent on that model.
He needs to read up on that 'Zone 2' facility to see if that's suitable to feed headphone amp input.
The details will be in his user manual......what can you send to zone 2?.....it will be a line output, but is it fixed or variable?
Variable means he'd be working with 2 volume controls (undesirable).

Last edited:

McThommo

Dec 6, 2020
Visit site
Looks like the Zone 2 output is also the tape out- will get him to try that.
He said he did try the headphone socket but had the headbox and wanted to try it to compare

Reactions: Gray

Gray

Are Cyrus headphone sections a bit naff then?
Not that I've done meaningful comparisons, but on my Cyrus 8 it's probably about average (whatever that is :unsure: ).
What could be considered a bit naff is having the socket (quarter inch in my case) on the back.
At least toggling between h/p and speakers is done on the front panel - so I can leave a plug in at the back, cabled to a fixed chassis socket.

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts