Help with bookshelf speaker choice

iancass

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I have a pair of Mission 753 speaker and was considering get some bookshelf speakers, my budget would be around £350. I listen to Soul, dance and rock, on vinyl and iTunes/some hi res files. Would the. budget be enough to notice an upgrade? and what is there for me to choose from at this price point?

I see your other post was severely truncated. :shifty:

For your budget I would say it might be difficult to improve on the Missions. However it's all down to your own ears. I assume you have speaker stands and that these do not need to be included in your budget.

Audition whatever you can particularly the Q Acoustics models and decide for yourself.

Choice of speakers is not something you can go and purchased based on someone's say so.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
You could try the Dali Zensor 3s at £300, you can get stands for not very much if used about £20 or £45 -£100 for new depending on what you want.

iancass

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I have my own stands already from previous systems. don' t really want to cross over if the improvement is going to be minor. I was actually looking at the Dali Zensor 3.

craig84

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
So many to choose from, personally I'd audition dali zensor 3, wharfedale diamond 121, Boston a26 and as a wild card and 35 pound more... Acoustic energy 301 which I hear are great speakers.

Craig

craig84

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
The AE 301 are gorgeous speakers and they could almost make me go stand mount but I like my bass heavy music too much and now looking back at your first post dance and rock are in there and I don't know if stand mount will be your thing. I've googled your speakers and I see floorstanders , I think you'd miss the bass floorstanders deliver. I bought a pair of b&w 686's off a friend and although they tried there hardest , listening to Alex Clare album made me weep at around medium listening ( to me) as everything turned to mush when they tried to push the lows, kind of like a fart in a shoebox. So ebayed them , straight to richer sounds to get mercury v4's and hey presto. No more farty shoe boxes :p

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts