Help with best configaration please.

MRAlan

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi.

I am in a delemma, Can anyone help me with the best configaration for my home theater.

What I have is..

Onkyo Reciever TX sr607 (1 HDMI in and 5 HDMI out. Coaxil, and optical)

Samsung V+HD (scart out, HDMI out, optical out)

TV- LG 42 SL90 (2 scart 3 HDMI 1 optical)

DVD - LG DVX 582H (1 HDMI out, 1 optical, 1 scart)

The configaration I have so far is ..

From TV - optical to amp into the game 1 input. Scart to DVD. Scart to V+ box. HDMI to Amp OUT. HDMI 2 to Amp IN. HDMI 3 to V+ box .

I have the optical lead from the V+ box going to Optical (cd2) on Amp..

Now obvously when playing a DVD, the video signal comes from the DVD via the scart which is not as good as the HDMI lead.

I usually only put the amp on when I am watching a film or Documentry, otherwise I just play the sound through the TV.

So what I want to be able to acheive is......what ever I am watching, I want the very best qaulity I can acheive, WITHOUT having the amp on. And obviously when I do switch the amp on....I want the best of picture and sound quality

I hope this make sense, and apologies for it being a little long winded!

I have put a link also to the Onkyo amps manual and the TV manual so you can see what inputs/outputs I have to mess around with.

Thanks in Advance

Alan

http://www.eu.onkyo.com/dl/1334040/Manual_TX-SR607_English.pdf

http://www.retrevo.com/search/v2/jsp/mytrevo/myTrevo.jsp?page=man

A

Anonymous

hdmi from dvd to amp if available for pic and sound

hdmi from v+ box to t.v and optical from v+ to t.v. (hdmi for picture quality)

that way for t.v the amp can stay off and pic and sound will be sent through t.v

hope this helps

MRAlan

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
perrydave50 said:
hdmi from dvd to amp if available for pic and sound

hdmi from v+ box to t.v and optical from v+ to t.v. (hdmi for picture quality)

that way for t.v the amp can stay off and pic and sound will be sent through t.v

hope this helps

Thanks Perry Dave, but what i cant understand...if the tv amp is switched off, how would I get video and audio from the DVD to the TV?

Also the connection you reccomend from the V+ box...how would I get sound coming through amp speakers from it?

Alan

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
HDMI from v+ into amp will give sohnd and picture then from monitor out on amp to tv. DVD I wojld use component over scart or HDMI if it has it.either optical or coax from DVD for sohnd into amp.

MRAlan

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
sta99y said:
HDMI from v+ into amp will give sohnd and picture then from monitor out on amp to tv. DVD I wojld use component over scart or HDMI if it has it.either optical or coax from DVD for sohnd into amp.

Thanks...will try that config ;)
alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts