help wiring up this

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
im in the middle of wiring up Yamaha Sound Digital Sound Field Processor model DSP-E390and im stuck at the moment i have a Fidelity Elektra E20 Preamplifier Elektra E30 Power Amplifier how do i go about wiring them up i am trying to wire up 5 speakers and i dont no how to wire it to the fidelty system the instuctions on the yamaha is not very clear

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Connect the Yamaha into a tape loop on the MF, using both input and output connections on the processor to the tape out and tape in sockets respectively on the preamp. Connect the centre, surround and subwoofer to the Yamaha.

Then when you want to use the processor, just select the input to which the source you want to hear in surround is connected, and press the MF's tape button. Sound from the source - DVD or whatever - will be fed to the processor, decoded and fed back into the MF (front L/R channels), and to the surround speakers and subwoofer.

A

Anonymous

thank you so much andrew will try that tomorrow what i am trying to do is keep the mf for the stereo and used the Yamaha.for films

A

Anonymous

sorry for being i bit stupid i Connect the Yamaha to the input and output to the mf tape input and output and Connect input and output to the Yamaha tape nput and output am i right in thinking that the master volume of the Yamaha should control the volume mf as well

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
MF Tape 2 record/out to Yamaha input, Yamaha front out to MF Tape 2 input, set the MF volume control to 10 o'clock or thereabouts.

Use the Tape 2 record selector to select which source you want to be processed by the Yamaha, choose the Tape 2 input on the MF's listen selector.

Balance up the speakers using the Yamaha's test-tones, and then the Yamaha volume control adjusts the level of the whole system when the processor is in circuit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts