Help!! Where can I put my Sub.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am just about to buy into some AV equipment just in time for Christmas and have decided on the following:

Screen: Samsung LE46F86BDX

Surround Sound: Sony DAV-IS10

AV Rack: Not yet known

The problem I have is the Sony system. The size of the sub is 44cm high which wont fit under any normal AV racks. I dont really want to wall mount the screen and I was looking at the ATACAMA Equinox range for all my kit (including skybox and ps3) however I really like the Sony system but I dont know where I can put the Sub with this type of rack. I assume it has to go centrally under the screen somewhere..

Please can anyone advise, it would be much appreciated...thanks, Ivan.

A

Anonymous

Put it on the floor. It can be put any where in the room where it can still be heard clearly. Low frequencies are not directional. ie your brain cant work out where there coming from.

A

Anonymous

in addition to the above, put it towards the front of the room, it doesn't have to be in the middle but you'll find it'll perform better in front of you, otherwise you'll get more physical rumble and less actual bass, unless thats what you're aiming for.

would also like to point out that you'll probably find the sony sub will also cover the lower mid-range because the satellites are tiny and dont cope very well with those frequencies, they're physically not big enough

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It's especially important to have the Sony system stub at the front of the room as it extends rather higher into the midrange than some other subwoofers, thanks to those tiny main speakers. That makes it rather more direction-specific than some conventional subwoofers. The other point is that the multicore connector between it and the control unit is relatively short, so that also limits positioning.

Park it beside your equipment rack and you'll be fine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts