Help wanted in choosing TV

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
HELP!!!!!

I thought I had made my mind up and was about to purchase a Sony Bravia KDL-40W3000, until I read on a few forums about problems with a "current batch" showing green/purple hues. Now I am not sure whether to stick with the Bravia or look at a Pioneer or Panasonic plasma.... I have around £1500 to spend, will be watching Sky+ - sports and films (Sky HD soon...), PS3/WII and upscaling DVD player.

Any help you experts could give would be greatly appreciated!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
For that money (if you shop around) you could have our Product of the year TV, the Pioneer
PDP-428XD. It'll beat the Sony LCD for sports and films (and everything else!) - better blacks, contrast motion-handling and an extra 2in of screen size.

It truly is an exceptional TV and you won't regret buying it - go for it!

A

Anonymous

I'm in a similar situation. I have seen the pioneer and it looks great... although everywhere I go they are playing HD material on the pioneer and some badly multiway-split video on all the others. Its as if they want to sell more of the most expensive one there! I'm worried about two issues which I think are plasma only issues - 1. screen burn. 2. the screen losing its brightness. Does the pioneer have technologies to avoid screen burn? I will be playing games and watching some sky channels which persistent logos in the top corner. Also, whats the life rating for the pioneer? How long does it take for the screen to lose half its brightness?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the response and forgive my ignorance
emotion-10.gif
, but is the
Kuro PDP-4280XD the same model as the Pioneer
PDP-428XD?

A

Anonymous

I believe they are the same physical screen but the PDP-428XD has a few extras over the PDP-4280XD:

- A USB port for viewing photos

- ISF calibration ready (where you can get a trained professional to calibrate the screen to your viewing conditions).

- Intelligent Brightness Control

- Multiscreen Options (Picture in Picture/Picture and Picture)

A

Anonymous

I'm still wondering about the issues I posted though. If I could settle my mind about those issues there's no doubt I'd go for the pioneer over an LCD.

A

Anonymous

I think I've made my mind and will go for the Pioneer and will probably end up paying extra for the 428XD.

From what I've gathered from various forums, the screen burn and brightness fading are not issues with modern plasmas, especially with the latest plasmas from Pioneer - I could be wrong however!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts