Help us develop the best Speaker Stand in the industry!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Inter_Voice said:
CJSF said:
Best speaker stand ever made . . . I dont think there is, or will be any such thing, to many variables?

CJSF

+1. There is no such thing as BEST speaker stands as different speakers have totally different resonance and box vibration characteristics which require different stand design in order to obtain the best sound output.

Mmm . . . I could get most . . . but not all speakers to respond positively, using a standard 'passive engine' fill. The few I failed on where not worth worrying about . . . Said it before, the trick was understanding how the 'passive engines' wide and highly adaptive nature operated . . . Took me 5 years of constant work to get that right!

But you are right Inter_voice, less adaptive basic fillings need tuning to individual speakers which is a minefield of guesswork :wall:

CJSF

shropshire lad

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
[/quote]

I live in a 1880's Victorian cottage, thick solid walls, high ceilings, thankfully the previous owner removed the wood floors and replaced with solid concrete!

CJSF

[/quote]

How is your rising damp ?

CJSF

May 25, 2011
Visit site

I live in a 1880's Victorian cottage, thick solid walls, high ceilings, thankfully the previous owner removed the wood floors and replaced with solid concrete!

CJSF

[/quote]

How is your rising damp ?

[/quote]

All don properly to avoid the problem . . .

A

Anonymous

Just make them look nice and include a couple of packs of blu-tack. Spikes are wobbly. Blu-tack FTW ! :) By the way, whoever said 3 spikes is more stable has obviously never seen a Reliant Robin taking a corner at speed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts