help setting up my sub

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi,

i have just bought the mja ref 100 sub and i have 2 questions i hope someone can help with.

1, can i use the high level speakon lead with my sony strda1200es amp as according to the sub manual i have to check if the amp has digital output stages as the lead can only be used with zero voltage amps.

2, if the answer to number 1 is yes then can i wire both the high level and LFE lead at the same time or is it 1 or the other.

thanks in advance neil.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Presumably so you can use the sub off the front stereo channels for music, and separately off the LFE output for movies?

Well, the STR-DA1200ES uses analogue amplification, so no problem there, and with the front speakers set to 'Large' you should have no problems beyond balancing up the sub and front speakers so the bass isn't overbearing when playing movies.

A

Anonymous

thanks andrew,

you are right saying i want to use the sub for music using the stereo channels and i should of stated this,but are you saying i just need to wire up the high level and this will provide the bass for movies aswell or do i need the LFE also.if so i cant see some kind of switch over to choose between the 2,does the sub do this or do i unplug the cable im not using at the time.sorry if this is a silly question but all this is foreign to me.

thanks neil.

A

Anonymous

my setup is, monitor audio rs6 fronts,monitor audio rs1 rears and monitor audio rslcr center.

A

Anonymous

just to clarify that i play as much music as i do movies so its not as if the sub is solely for music or i would just buy a stereo amp as im aware that with a multichannel amp you lose stereo quality,i just want the best out of my system.

thanks neil.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts