Help - RF interference

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Up until recently I was running a Humax digital PVR into our old Phillips (non flat screen) telly with no problems. Then I took delivery of a BT Vision PVR and home hub and a Panasonic DMR EZ47V video and DVD recorder. I am using a "Oneforall" signal booster to keep the arial signal strength high. Problem is that whenever I add the Panasonic to the set up I start getting intermittent RF noise. I have spent hours trying different set ups and cable runs but the problem keeps coming back. Unplug the Panasonic - noise goes away. There is a loose sheet in the Panasonic paperwork that says the unit MUST be connected to the arial and TV with the cables provided otherwise RF noise may occur. I have done that but still get the problem. Can anyone advise 'cos this problem is driving me right round the bend?

Gray D

strobo

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Silly question I know, but have you tried it without the signal booster?

If the signal is pants to start with the booster just bosts the interference.

Alternatively, I found my Sagem set-top-box goes berserk when I park it on top of my VCR - picture break-ups, nasty noises - the lot. If I keep it a reasonable distance away it's fine. Have you tried keeping devices apart, to see if there's interference being generated there somewhere?

A

Anonymous

Well, I'll give it a go, strobo. Can't get any worse than unusable, which is what it is now.

Gray D

A

Anonymous

Problem appears to be solved. Tried repositioning the unit which didn't work, but now have the aeriel feed going straight into the Panasonic then from there into the signal booster unit for the other kit. Have had no further interference since making that change.

Thanks to strobo for the hints and tips.

Gray D

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts