Help Required Building New System

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have some Monitor Audio RX1 speakers and am thinking of mating them with a Creek Evolution 2 amplifier.
I also require a new CD player and am not sure if I should get the Creek matching Evo 2 player or the Exposure 2010s player.
Can anyone give an opinion as to which would be best or should I also consider something different to go with the Creek Evo 2 and Monitor Audio RX1s.
I will eventually upgrade the Monitor Audios to RX6s if this makes any difference to recomendations

A

Anonymous

What amps/systems have you heard so far? What did you like / didn't you like about them?

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Not heard any yet but have seen many posts saying what a great amp the Creek Evo 2 is and thought it would be a great match with the MA RX1s that I have and feel it is just the CD I need to think about

A

Anonymous

Yes, Creek and MA tend to go well together, but that does not mean that the sound will be to your liking. Listening to the systems will be the only way to determine which suits you better.

Personally, I would rate the Exposure higher than the Creek, but I have never heard the two side-by-side, and never on speakers like Monitor Audio.

johnbwfc

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I have a Rotel RA1520 and Rega Apollo with Monitor Audio RX1's.

Don't know how I would describe the sound for someone wanting to try them, but it sounds very good to me. Maybe the Apollo would be worth a listen.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The Creek is a great amp, and the RX1s are some of the best for the price. As for the source, I would be encouraging you to look into ripping onto, and playing music from, a NAS.... before spending on a CDP.

Cno

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts