Help - Rega Elciit R problem

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Just to update you all:

Took my Elicit R into Cymbiosis today, just a quick call to confirm time, apparentl;y when I put the first call in on Tuesday about the amp, Peter Swain put a call into Rega Service about the problem - Rega sent them a replacement Elciit just in case.

Well we got my amp set up with a Naim CDX & PMC speakers, listened to a few tracks off Brothers in Arms, sounded okish but as soon as we had there demo Elicit connected up the difference was night and day. I was literally in there 10 mins and walked out with new replacement. Cant say fairer than that.

Seems Terry Bateman will have his work cut out now as he told Cymbiosis he wants the faulty amp back ASAP so he can see whats happened.

Well I am stunned, got my 'new' Elciit home - its a different bloody amp, got me thinking now was the amp deterioating as soon as I bought it, cos this Elciit sounds F****G beautiful.

So relieved its sorted and wasn't me being a numpty!

Music is ace

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
plastic penguin said:
Rega isn't doing much with regards to PR. Wobbly platters and now (possibly) faulty amp...

Sooner or later you'll realise that you can only kick a dog in the gonads so many times before it turns around and bites your foot off.

Likewise with the Leema, if the headphone socket goes pete tong again, it'll be history.

I agree, for me there is a big ?mark over their QC. Also I was not impressed with the build quality or the remote on the demo I had.

I think I have been very lucky - the service I got today off Rega & Cymbiosis was superb!

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
stevebrock said:
BigH said:
plastic penguin said:
Rega isn't doing much with regards to PR. Wobbly platters and now (possibly) faulty amp...

Sooner or later you'll realise that you can only kick a dog in the gonads so many times before it turns around and bites your foot off.

Likewise with the Leema, if the headphone socket goes pete tong again, it'll be history.

I agree, for me there is a big ?mark over their QC. Also I was not impressed with the build quality or the remote on the demo I had.

I think I have been very lucky - the service I got today off Rega & Cymbiosis was superb!

Glad you got it sorted out. Rega service and your dealer seem to be great but still a ?mark over their gear. Yours is the second one to go wrong within a few months from new. Will they let you know what the problem is?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
drummerman said:
stevebrock said:
Well we got my amp set up with a Naim CDX & PMC speakers ...

I fear the worst ...

regards

Your ok don't worry!

But I did see the RP10/Apheta in the flesh - looks stunning - didn't want to listen to it, just wanted to get home and get my amp warmed up!

Rega are going to come back to me as well with some feedback re: faulty Elciit R

stevebrock said:
BigH said:
plastic penguin said:

Who was the dealer you purchased the RP6 from?

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Glad to hear it Steve, I know you love that amp. Also good to hear about the service from both maker and dealer, a real reason to buy at a dealer rather than browse and buy online for cheapest price.

matthewpiano

Cymbiosis get top marks here. The fact that they ordered a replacement Elicit-R in ready speaks volumes for how much they value you as a customer.

Hope this one keeps working well for you as the Elicit-R is a stunning piece of kit.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
My observations last night are that the amp gets nowhere as hot as the faulty one, the volume control feels slightly different when you rotate it and it sounds like it should too. I was begining to doubt my hearing and was praying that Cymbiosis wouldnt say they couldnt hear anything wrong - the A/B compariosn highlighted this within 10 secs.

TRENDING THREADS