Help please?

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently sold my theta ds pro prime dac to a guy called Jose in Portugal via ebay. He received the dac today but for some reason the power led does not come on. I used the dac back home and it was working 100%. The guy has not tried it at home yet as he is currently at work but he has connected it at work just to see if it has power. I know portugal use a different power cable ie: 2 pin..but he has tried one but still no power. Does anyone know why it is not working in Portugal but it's working 100% fine here?

Please help?

Regards,
Hugo

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm Jos‚ from Portugal. I already tryed 3 cables and the result is always the same. It's not the first equipment that i buy from UK and i didn't experience any problems with the other equipment's.

I have plug the DAC at Work, just to see if everithing ok. My feedback is 100% positive "micmacjmp
s.gif
( 14
iconYellowStar_25x25.gif
) "
s.gif

Regards

Jos‚

A

Anonymous

TheMicMac:

Hi,

I'm Jos‚ from Portugal. I already tryed 3 cables and the result is always the same. It's not the first equipment that i buy from UK and i didn't experience any problems with the other equipment's.

Regards

Jos‚

You need to try the equipment out connected to your system and see if it's working. If not then perhaps it failed in transit it's not immpossible for this to happen but I'd check any fuses etc before sending it back to the vendor. It might be nothing more than the power led lamp not working. You will not know until you try it properly.

Was the packaging damaged at all when you got the package? If so did you take pictures as evidence?

Hope you both get this sorted out.

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
welshboy:TheMicMac:

Hi,

Regards

Jos‚

You need to try the equipment out connected to your system and see if it's working. If not then perhaps it failed in transit it's not immpossible for this to happen but I'd check any fuses etc before sending it back to the vendor. It might be nothing more than the power led lamp not working. You will not know until you try it properly.

Was the packaging damaged at all when you got the package? If so did you take pictures as evidence?

Hope you both get this sorted out.

I hope so too as it was working perfectly before it left my house & have no idea why it is not working now- I can't possibly think what could have gone wrong. Both LED's were working. That is why I did not want to post outside of the U.K :-(

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Most of portugal is 220V and 50hz (although some older properties are still 110v or even a mixture of both!)

This quote is interesting.....
"Power Cuts

Portugal operates a power rating system (Potˆncia Instalada)
where a household or the electricity company calculates its average
usage and the supply is based on this. This can mean that using a
washing machine, microwave and toaster or kettle at the same time will
cause the power to cut out in some older properties or households with
a lower rating system.

It is worth knowing that during peak electricity usage periods and
storms the electricity supply may be cut; this happens regularly in
many regions. If your business or home depends on power it is worth
considering installing a generator or UPS system for computers.

A power surge protector is also recommended to protect appliances
(computers, TVs, fax machines) when the power supply is resumed."

A

Anonymous

Probably, but here on my house the voltage is correct. On my work where i test the first time the DAC, have a lot of dedicated equipments and the power network pass thrue UPS's to be ensured continues 220V to 230V power.

The equipment is not working at home. I can listnen the electrical noise of the power transformer, but nothing hapen. It's not the first equipment that i buy from UK. All other equipments work just fine. My Accuphase, and 2 CDP's come from UK and without this kind of problem.

Last week i bought a Cambridge Audio 540 R to a friend, and is working.

If anyone have a sugestion to help, thank you.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

The first thing i do when equipment arrives to me is to plug the power. I already have problems on the past whit people trying to sell me fault equipment.

A

Anonymous

looks like a full refund would be the correct path to take (plus shipping costs both ways) ....

or alternatively, let the buyer take the unit to a competant electrician to see what the prob may be (could be something minor, which may cost cheap to fix and a partial refund to cover these costs would be in order)

if the item is not working, could be that it was not correctly packed, and that the couriers manhandled/dropped the item during transit ...

sadly, these things happen and not even worth trying to claim from the couriers, as they will say that it's the seller's duty to pack the item correctly (loads of bubblewrap with polystyrene pellets in a strong box such as those large plastic lidded containers which cost a few pounds from Tescos

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
dim_span:
looks like a full refund would be the correct path to take (plus shipping costs both ways) ....

or alternatively, let the buyer take the unit to a competant electrician to see what the prob may be (could be something minor, which may cost cheap to fix and a partial refund to cover these costs would be in order)

if the item is not working, could be that it was not correctly packed, and that the couriers manhandled/dropped the item during transit ...

sadly, these things happen and not even worth trying to claim from the couriers, as they will say that it's the seller's duty to pack the item correctly (loads of bubblewrap with polystyrene pellets in a strong box such as those large plastic lidded containers which cost a few pounds from Tescos
First of all I don't sell anything that is faulty. Secondly I did not want to psot overseas because things like this could happen to it. It was properly wrapped in bubble wrap, when Jose received the goods it was in perfect order- surely if the courier dropped it the box would be damaged??? When I posted my item for sale I mentioned that it was UK only delivery. Winning bidder informed me that he would take the risk once it left UK shores. Now people are telling me that I have to pay for delivery both ways and I end up with a faulty unit which was not faulty in the first place....how is that fair in any way? I can't believe that the seller is not protected in any shape or form...I am so annoyed that this is giving me grief when there is no need for it. It is the last time I ever ship anything overseas via ebay and probably the last time I ever use ebay!!!!

A

Anonymous

gbhsi1:dim_span:

First of all I don't not sell anything that is faulty. Secondly I did not want to psot overseas because things like this could happen to it.It was properly wrapped in bubble wrap, when Jose received the goods it was in perfect order- surely if the courier dropped it the box would be damaged??? When I posted my item for sale I mentioned that it was UK only delivery. Winning bidder informed me that he would take the risk once it left UK shores. Now people are telling me that I have to pay for delivery both ways and I end up with a faulty unit which was not faulty in the first place....how is that fair any way? I can't believe that the seller is not protected in any shape or form...I am so annoyed that this is giving me grief when there is no need for it. It is the last time I ever ship anything overseas via ebay and probably the last time I ever use ebay!!!!

welcome to ebay mate! .... sad thing is that I believe you, but paypal/ebay won't and dont care .... it's great when you are a buyer on ebay, but no so good if you are a seller

so if the seller insists on a refund, paypal will freeze your account and will re-imburse the buyer ... you will then most prob also get a neg feedback from the buyer and you may be restricted from selling on ebay for a while

If the buyer opts for the paypal resolution route, paypal will inform the buyer to ship the item back to you with recorded mail .... once the buyer passes the tracking number to paypal, they refund him ... In this instance, the buyer looses out on the return shipping and only gets refunded what he paid, plus the initial shipping cost

if the item was dropped (even if you used bubblewrap), it may have become damaged as it's electronic equipment .... so my advice is take it on the chin, be a gentleman and refund in full (plus the return shipping) i.e if the buyer does not wish to get a quote for repairs

A

Anonymous

is that the theta ds pro prime dac that recently sold for £210 ? .... if so, it is sad if the guy from portugal who asked the question prior to auction end actually bought it, as your ad was very clear and stated UK only ...and you answered saying sorry (as well as the next question from the guy in Spain)

but that's not the issue now ... issue remains that the buyer says it's not working ... hope you recorded the serial number? ...

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
dim_span:gbhsi1:dim_span:

First of all I don't not sell anything that is faulty. Secondly I did not want to psot overseas because things like this could happen to it.It was properly wrapped in bubble wrap, when Jose received the goods it was in perfect order- surely if the courier dropped it the box would be damaged??? When I posted my item for sale I mentioned that it was UK only delivery. Winning bidder informed me that he would take the risk once it left UK shores. Now people are telling me that I have to pay for delivery both ways and I end up with a faulty unit which was not faulty in the first place....how is that fair any way? I can't believe that the seller is not protected in any shape or form...I am so annoyed that this is giving me grief when there is no need for it. It is the last time I ever ship anything overseas via ebay and probably the last time I ever use ebay!!!!

welcome to ebay mate! .... sad thing is that I believe you, but paypal/ebay won't and dont care .... it's great when you are a buyer on ebay, but no so good if you are a seller

so if the seller insists on a refund, paypal will freeze your account and will re-imburse the buyer ... you will then most prob also get a neg feedback from the buyer and you may be restricted from selling on ebay for a while

If the buyer opts for the paypal resolution route, paypal will inform the buyer to ship the item back to you with recorded mail .... once the buyer passes the tracking number to paypal, they refund him ... In this instance, the buyer looses out on the return shipping and only gets refunded what he paid, plus the initial shipping cost

if the item was dropped (even if you used bubblewrap), it may have become damaged as it's electronic equipment .... so my advice is take it on the chin, be a gentleman and refund in full (plus the return shipping) i.e if the buyer does not wish to get a quote for repairs
I guess it is a lesson learnt and one I will not forget. I will not be selling on ebay again as the seller is not protected at all which is quite wrong really. With regards to negative feedback, well...I really don't care at this point. Thanks for replying dim_span. :-(

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
dim_span:
is that the theta ds pro prime dac that recently sold for £210 ? .... if so, it is sad if the guy from portugal who asked the question prior to auction end actually bought it, as your ad was very clear and stated UK only ...and you answered saying sorry (as well as the next question from the guy in Spain)

but that's not the issue now ... issue remains that the buyer says it's not working ... hope you recorded the serial number? ...
I took a picture of the serial number. Yep that is the one. Silly me should have sold it to the second bidder who was from the UK and delivered special delivery via royal mail.

A

Anonymous

pleasure mate .... feel for you .... but hopefully the buyer will have it checked out and could be a minor prob ....

A

Anonymous

I always collect fragile items in person ... even if it means travelling far .... I am always frightened that the item will get manhandled/damaged

A

Anonymous

what about the poor buyer £210 for something that doesnt work

ive had to refund money or effect repairs on items ive sold which has been the fault of the delivery people it happens

ive l also returned items damaged in transit

also has nothing to do with whether you sell locally or overseas things can be broken just as easily by royal mail internally as dhl externally

always insure is my motto

A

Anonymous

chebby:

ebay should have a tick option to not even allow bids from outside the UK if the seller clearly wishes this.

there is an option for this, but gbhsi1 is new to ebay and only has 2 transactions, so most prob is unaware of the options available under seller preferences

From your "My eBay" page you can customize your personal settings for email notifications, selling options, searching, buying and more. You can set or change your preferences at any time and eBay will remember your current choice. Any time you make a change to any of your eBay preferences be sure to click on the save button to permanently save the change to your eBay account

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Good. Just found it and changed my settings. Thanks.

Quote......

What are buyer requirements?

You can block buyers from bidding on or purchasing your items by specifying buyer requirements. You can block buyers who:

• Don't have a PayPal account

Have received unpaid item strikes

Are registered in countries you don't ship to

Have been reported for breaching eBay policies

Have a Feedback score lower than the number you specify

Are currently winning or have bought '1-100' of your items in the last 10 days (you can specify the number)

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I'm the guy from Portugal and i'm really trying to sort this out with gdhsi1. I know very whell that if i want i can activate "Item not as Described", but really would like to found a solutions for this issue. I'm anoyed to, because i create excessive expectetions on the DAC and now is not working.

gbhsi1: the problem could hapened if you posted the DAC to the second bidder.

one off: I agree with you. The only problem to ship overseas is that the item could disapear, but with traking number is dificult. Tge Portuguese post work very well.
But i don't think the DAC was damage on transit, because the package was recived by me in good conditions.

dim_span: The S/N is: 18693

A

Anonymous

MicMac, I am glad that you are trying to sort the problem ... even though the package is not damaged, a fall from a height could have caused some minor damage ...

have you taken the unit to an electrician yet to see what could be the damage? ... could be something really minor ... I don't think that the seller would sell an item that does not work

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
dim_span:
MicMac, I am glad that you are trying to sort the problem ... even though the package is not damaged, a fall from a height could have caused some minor damage ...

have you taken the unit to an electrician yet to see what could be the damage? ... could be something really minor ... I don't think that the seller would sell an item that does not work
A dispute has been opened against me. So it is now in the hands of pay pal & ebay. I would not sell a defected item, never have and never will as I expected the same if I had purchased an item. What about the buyer?...well, what about the seller?? it is not like I have money to splash around to now fix a dac which was working fine before it left my house. Yes it could be minor, but I do not know that. Hyperthetically speaking...what if the buyer expectations were not met by purchasing that dac- so decides to describe it as not working and get a full refund??? who ends up losing again, me. I had some stanton headphones returned to me a long time ago because the buyer who bought it could not even tell that the cable connected to the left channel came loose during transit, so buyer said item not as described. When I received the headphones, I reconnected the cable and it was perfect. Anyway, I have enough evidence to support me... I leave it in the hands of ebay and pay pal.

A

Anonymous

Yes a dispute has been opened against you, because one of your last messages was "I will not be
refunding the money ...I'm sorry but that is my decision and as a private seller this my right.". I didn't ask you the refund, only do it after you make your statment and take that position. We could have another solutions, like taken the unit to an electrician with your permission.

When a dispute is open on Paypal, is to try to find a solution, but instead you escalate the dispute to a claim, now is on the hands of paypal.

Do you know that the parcel (DAC) is insured on £200? Did you try to find a solution to both of us instead of claiming alway about the transit overseas? http://www.parcel2go.com/claims/ , of course it is need iformation from bouth of us.

"Hyperthetically speaking...what if the buyer expectations were not met by purchasing that dac- so decides to describe it as not working and get a full refund???" - i'm not glad with your statment. I sent you an e-mail telling you that the led power do nothing, 10 minutes after i received the packadge. Please let me know how can you know your expectations on 10 minutes without listnen. Only loking to the equipment? Sorry i'm a honest guy.

If you can especulate about me, so i can do it to: Why did you want me to give you positive fedback (to you can clear the funds without wainting days) before you sent the DAC?

"who ends up losing again, me" - probably me. This probably gonna end with a return of the DAC to you and a full refund to me, but the expenses of postage to UK would be mine. Whit some luck of you, you recive the DAC and if it works on your home (hope so and i don't know why or because), i'm end up losing. Probably you have been using Theta DSPro Prime II Dac + Theta Timebase Linque Conditioner Jitter Buster and some how it works, but don't work were.

Already contated Theta, they don't have the minor idea of what is hapening. This last wekkend, i phoned to several HiFi people and some with electrician experience and all of them told me (by the symphomes i described, electrical noise, probably from the transformer, etc..) that should be a problem on the board, and this things don't hapen on transit.

You can't be the same guy that i've been phoning with, you semed to be a nice guy... i'm very anoy, of acusations.

Still, if you want to claim to parcel Force, i help you with the information that you need from me (see link ), but only for help, no more conversations with you. Anything you need do it buy paypal.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Doesn't ebay have a messaging facility to handle this stuff.

It is simply one person's word against another and I don't understand why it has spilt out here.

TheMicMac, why did you bid on an item where the seller had written he would only ship to the UK?

The main thing I have got from all this was the advice on how I can ensure non-UK registered bidders cannot buy things from me. (I relied on just stating it before.)

I have subsequently amended the settings to ensure bidders have Paypal accounts and have a credit card registered too. (And barred people with negative feedback and people who have had non-payment disputes go against them.)

Luckily the few sales I have made have always gone vary well, but knowing how to protect myself against people who ignore seller requirements was good advice. Thanks Dim_Span.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts