Help Please, Urgent.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Basically, ive just hooked up my Denon UD-M50, great little system, ive hooked it up into my Samsung (Series 5 i think, with a hint of red in it), i also have sky +. I was wondering if it is possible to control the volume on my Denon UD-M50 system by using the volume control on my Sky+ remote.

All help is appreciated, cheers

A

Anonymous

Cheers Andrew, ive tried these but im not sure what order or what buttons to press in order to get this to work.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
the_lhc:Talk to the hand, girlfriend...

No, you've lost me now. Is that a threat of violence to a female member of the forums...?

Don't be silly, it's the anti-macho call to arms...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Jeez, you've never heard the expression "talk to the hand cos the face ain't listening"? It's about the least macho thing you can say so to have someone suggest i'm threatening violence by saying it IS silly.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:you've never heard the expression "talk to the hand cos the face ain't listening"

No: what does it actually mean?

EDIT: Ah, I see, it is aggressive: 'It originated as a contemptuous way of saying that no one is listening, and is often elongated to a phrase such as "Talk to the hand, because the ear's not listening". Also, in regions south, "Talk to the hand because the face don't understand!"

'The sentence is often considered to be a sarcastic or obnoxious phrase. It is usually accompanied by the gesture of extending one arm toward the other person, with the palm of that hand facing the person being insulted, in the manner of the gesture to stop.'

In other words, you were suggesting I shut up. Thanks for that.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
the_lhc:you've never heard the expression "talk to the hand cos the face ain't listening"

No: what does it actually mean?

EDIT: Ah, I see, it is aggressive: 'It originated as a contemptuous way of saying that no one is listening, and is often elongated to a phrase
such as "Talk to the hand, because the ear's not listening". Also, in
regions south, "Talk to the hand because the face don't understand!"

'The sentence is often considered to be a sarcastic or obnoxious phrase. It is usually accompanied by the gesture of extending one arm toward
the other person, with the palm of that hand facing the person being
insulted, in the manner of the gesture to stop.'

In other words, you were suggesting I shut up. Thanks for that.

No, actually, I wasn't. You said I was being macho, which I wasn't, I was simply repeating the phrase used in the link I posted, so I, in an attempt at humour (which seems a long way in the past now...) replied with about the campest, most un-macho phrase I could think of, to indicate that I am not and was not attempting to be macho.

If you choose to blow it out of all proportion by accusing me of things that I'm simply not doing then that's your problem, not mine.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
the_lhc:replied with about the campest, most un-macho phrase I could think of

In which respect you clearly missed by a country mile...

Only if you look at the origin of the phrase, if you look for the people who are most likely to say it now, you'll find I'm spot on (for example the last two times I heard it was from Graham Norton and on an episode of Will and Grace).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts