Question Help Pairing AT-LP3 with Genelec 8020C's

MattShelf

Aug 6, 2024
Visit site
Recently moved into a new house and found a pair of Genelec 8020c's Bi-Amplified Active monitors knocking about which I thought I'd try and make use of.
I have an AT-LP3 turntable which I had connected to my 5.1 home theater system as I was to lazy to buy some equipment to utilise it properly.

Therefore how would I go about pairing these?
I know the turntable has a phono preamp with dual RCA output connection on the back but the Genelec's only have XLR inputs

I was looking at something like Swissonic M-Control + to connect them together but not sure if this will be enough? My theory was to plug the turntables RCA cables into the Swissonic and then XLR from the Swissonic to the XLR's in the monitors or is there a way to connect straight to the monitors XLR's from the turntables RCA cables?

Also any advice on a cartridge upgrade for the turntable?

Any help would be appreciated as I'm new to this and was just trying to utilise what I have at current

Attachments

• 1000028795.jpg
    1000028795.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 1000028794.png
    1000028794.png
    512.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

daytona600

You will need phono stage/pre amp with XLR outputs for the Genelecs
AT-LP3 will be the weak link as Genelecs are ruthless in revealing faults , feed correctly they will sound awesome

Cartridge upgrade , If you do not want to set up a cartridge Plug and Play can be done in seconds
Ortofon concorde music red
Rega or Project would be the best future upgrade
MM36.jpg

TAN_PREAMP-II_03-768x768.jpg

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts