Help, Onkyo NR905 speaker choice

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, this is my first post, so please excuse the silly questions.

Ive got an Onkyo NR905 and im looking to get some new home cinema speakers. I've got some B&W's hooked into some Arcam kit for music and I love the sound (in another room). Can anyone suggest some pairings for the 905? Space is a bit of an issue, and i'm looking to invest approx £3k. Any help, greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Stu the kiwi

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You say space is an issue - what size is your room?

The Tannoy Revolution Signature package is a superb match for the big Onkyo, and more compact/stylish than some other systems at this price/performance level.

If full-size speakers are still too much, another Tannoy package - the Arena Highline 500 - would be another strong option, though its traditional sibling offers more for your money; that's the style premium!

Bigger, burlier options in your price range would include the excellent Dali Ikon 6 5.1 package and the Monitor Audio Silvers - new RX line-up due in September, so there may be deals on the still-superb RS6 package.

A

Anonymous

Onkyo amp. has great dynamic in general but they are also upfront and forward (in your ears theatre) so what you realy looking for , is a speakers package that has a warm sound presentation to get a good match with your amp. Elac speakers would be your best bet.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the Onkyos are dynamiic, but the '5 range aren't as in-yer-face as the newer '6 and (so far) '7 models - unless you've a bare, uncarpeted room it's happy paired with a wide range of speakers, even the lively variety.

As ever, auditioning - with the Onkyo and favourite discs in tow - is the best way to decide what's best for you and your ears/system.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info, my room is approx 15ft by 17ft but there are plan afoot to move, and the new room will be approx 25ft by 18ft, so a little bigger. I like the look of the Tannoy highline series, so will have to line up a demo! Would they still suit the larger room? In any case, many thakns for your help! cheers Stu

A

Anonymous

I have a MA RS8 package which sounded the best to my musical tastes.

They sound really well balanced (with music as well) in a larger carpeted room.

Try to audition them as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts