Help on setting up M&K MX125 subwoofer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just bought a m&k mx125 from U.S and also bought a step down convertor(300va) to drive it. I having problem setting up the sub. I am using pioneer sc-lx71 to drive my M&K 3xs150 front and 2xss150 back and mx-125 sub. Should i set the sub either low or hight pass filter? and how many hz should i set it on?and what about 'bass level' does it mean by volume? should i set it on reference level?

On watching movie with this system, i realize that it still not enough bass and it not very tight. what should i do?

thanks

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I deally, it should be set on 'reference level', which is 0. The MCACC will set the individual channel levels accordingly.

What crossover frequency you choose really depends on how loud you want to play the system. If you want reference levels, I'd cross them over about 100Hz, which will ease the load on your amplifier slightly, letting the sub take some of the strain. You can set it higher if you want to - mine's set at 120Hz. You can experiment with trying 80Hz and then 160Hz, and hearing the difference that it makes, then you can experiment with other crossover points inbetween.

If you pretty much just want to plug and play, you could just set the amp to THX mode - this will give you an 80Hz crossover point, which is how the speaker system is designed to work - but in reality, rooms affect things and this isn't necessarily best.

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Did you have a manual with it ?

If not one here.(pdf)

Pages 6 and 11

In brief go with Low Pass filter bypass (lets your amp control bass signals). Set Bass level to reference , run MACCA amp may say bass level to high adjust or ignore your choice. Once set increase or decrease bass level to your liking. If still not what you want move subwoofer to each corner of the room starting at your seating position to see if that makes a difference.

Failing that and it's still not good enough i'd have to check that the sub is not faulty and/or it's a genuine product (fake product is the reason MK went bankrupt a couple of years ago.)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts