Help on internet connection between t.v. and Apple Airport Express

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how i connect my t.v. to the internet through Apple Airport Express ? Is that possible and how is it done ? So far my t.v. does not "see" (the wifi of) the Airport Express. Not wireless and not by ethernetcable form the Airport Express.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If I understand you correctly, you want the Airport Express to act as a wireless bridge, meaning you plug your TV's ethernet socket into the Airport Express, and through this, the TV can connect to your wireless network. If so, what you need to do is, once you have successfully joined the AE to your wireless network, tick the Allow Ethernet clients box:

screenshot20100619at535.png

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Seems clear to me "professorhat", but how do i get to this menu, you have given a screenshot of ? I cannot find it.

In fact the Airport Express is the wireless network itself. The basestation is connected by ethernetcable to my internet provider. I want to connect the ethernet of another Airport Express unit (wirelessly connected to the basestation) to my t.v..

My t.v. is a Panasonic TX-P42G30.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
It's in the Airport Express Admin Utility software that you use to configure the AEX units. Within this, highlight the Airport Express which is connected to your TV via ethernet, then chose Manual Setup. Click on the Airport tab at the top, then the Wireless heading underneath this to see this setting.

Just a check - you are using one of the new 802.11n models? As you'll need one to get this to work. The older 802.11g model doesn't have the ability to do this.

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, i have the newer model Airport Express (802.11n). I made the change you explained, but still it says, and has, "no connection". Maybe i should choose the option "expand network" at the Head-Airport unit ?

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I found the solution! I had to "hardwire" (ethernet) to the internet first, then update the firmware, and after that it all worked!

Anyway, thanks for posting, all of you!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts