Help needed please - Harmony Elite Remote Issue

Samd

Changed AVR a few weeks ago and when starting, say, TV, all equipment needed fires up as required but the AVR does not select the correct source for sound. Choosing help on my Harmony, it immediately corrects the problem so, clearly the settings are OK in the 'system'. Once on TV in this example, were I to change to Oppo, it would work correctly but choosing Oppo initially from a powered off condition where something other than Oppo was the last usage would bring about the same error. Every equipment the same but every error easily corrected through the remote. Not a major issue - just a nuisance! I should add that all equipment is controlled by a couple of smart sockets auto shutting down overnight. Any ideas welcomed.

I think the main issue is the AVR fires up late from off position which is messing up with the sequence. Remove the smart sockets / auto shut off feature and let the equipment be on standby. Then try again and see if it resolves things.

1) Make sure the correct HDMI output on the AVR is being selected. For example, you may have connected the Oppo player to HDMI 3 in the new AVR instead of HDMI 2 in the old AVR.

2) If all your connections are correct, connect the remote via cable to your computer and check the Harmony app for troubleshooting.

3) If everything else fails, re-programme the remote.

Samd

Many thanks. 1. Checks out in that using Harmony help always connects correctly. 2. Is a real problem in that I have never been able to connect my Elite to my laptop despite using many different types of usb cables! I would love to connect cos I seem to remember you can put in pauses to help problems such as this - only though through windows.
I'll have to try 3.!

Many thanks. 1. Checks out in that using Harmony help always connects correctly. 2. Is a real problem in that I have never been able to connect my Elite to my laptop despite using many different types of usb cables! I would love to connect cos I seem to remember you can put in pauses to help problems such as this - only though through windows.
I'll have to try 3.!
Contact Logitech support. They're usually very good.

Samd

Learning a few issues as this trundles along! The new Anthem, auto shuts down after 20 mins from standby when no action which I had not noticed and I similarly had not noticed that the Elite has no problems at all even with a shut down AVR, connecting correctly with my Oppo regardless of previous source. Logi Support have had the problem for a couple of days but they do not sound very hopeful of a solution once I mentioned the make of the AVR! Hey Ho!

@12th Monkey Have you seen the price of the 2nd hand Prontos!

Reactions: 12th Monkey
Learning a few issues as this trundles along! The new Anthem, auto shuts down after 20 mins from standby when no action which I had not noticed and I similarly had not noticed that the Elite has no problems at all even with a shut down AVR, connecting correctly with my Oppo regardless of previous source. Logi Support have had the problem for a couple of days but they do not sound very hopeful of a solution once I mentioned the make of the AVR! Hey Ho!

@12th Monkey Have you seen the price of the 2nd hand Prontos!
Is your Anthem firmware up to date?

Check this:

Vincent Kars

b8c350da08f919fac0bcd0f7ce0120ffa683d40544ee0df273fc41e41a406fa4_1.webp

Samd

Received response from Logi Support:

The Anthem Av Receiver uses a complicated multi-method input switching method and this can be time consuming (if at all possible) until we can set it up correctly. Some Anthem receivers even use dynamic input switching methods. That means the inputs change the position / place dynamically and unfortunately our software cannot understand that.

It seems for this particular model number the receiver command switches between Input 1 - Input 30 inputs, which means the chance is 1/30 or 25% the device to go to the correct input.

We need a direct working separate hex / pronto codes from the manufacturer in order for this to work on 100%.

Unfortunately there is no other way besides if there is a working direct input command in Device Mode to use it as an anchor. This is how the manufacturer created the device and it is not something we could change.

The 30 inputs refers to the facility to create a total of 30 incl virtual inputs additional to the 'real' 13 connections. They never asked me whether or not I intended to use virtual inputs (I don't) so, in my case, the entire response misses the point but, despite their staff trying different settings on my system yesterday, I don't think they noticed that I solved the problem with a significant (22 seconds) power-on delay (before further commands) on the AVR and everything is working as required now. I had tried that delay with a different value previously never expecting the need for such an allowance!

Sorted!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts