help needed on music fidelity V90 -Dac

gotch54

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a A1 music fidelty amp Kef Q35 speakers and a Sony cd player,I have read much about Dac,s and this is a new one that has just come out,i would like to know if adding a dac to my system could improve my sound.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
"Sony cd player" is not enough information to go on, and a dac may give you a different presentation but whether it's an improvement is up to you to decide.

Of course, outboard dacs wouldn't exist if most people didn't feel they represented an improvement in sound (along with additional digital inputs etc.) so the question is moot really. You have to check it out for yourself.

datay

Nov 19, 2008
Visit site
I don't know the player; might well make a difference but it won't be large. You are best off getting to a shop where you can audition, or failing that, buying online where you can return over a 30-day period. Some (few) online dealers loan them out.

If you have other digital equipment - tcv, freeview/sky, the dac provides a central audio hub, that in itself is a good thing IMO.

You need to have your own ears check this out for yourself.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
How much are you happy to spend? You could try out a relatively cheap outboard DAC, which might make a difference. On the other hand, and depending on your budget, you might get more benefit from spending your money on speakers.

Good luck!

Matt

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Your player was made by one of he biggest electronic manufacturers in the world more than twenty years after it invented the format and represents one of its better models of the time (QS range I think it is).

There is nothing to upgrade unless you really must have a shiny new box.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts