Help - Need new power supply and Link cable for Bose LS 28 System....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello All !!

First post and after some help please...

I have a Bose Lifestyle 28 system and it's been in storage for a couple of years... Everything is present EXCEPT:

The power supply - 33V

and the cable which links the silver system unit to the bass module

I've been quoted £59 for the link cable and £179 for the power supply by an eBay seller who to be fair replied very quickly but this seems very steep to me.

Could somebody point me in the direction of a supplier of these two items which might be cheaper? Or is this the going rate?

I'm in West Sussex btw

Many thanks in advance

Nick

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Nico G"]
Hello All !!

First post and after some help please...

I have a Bose Lifestyle 28 system and it's been in storage for a couple of years... Everything is present EXCEPT:

The power supply - 33V

and the cable which links the silver system unit to the bass module

I've been quoted £59 for the link cable and £179 for the power supply by an eBay seller who to be fair replied very quickly but this seems very steep to me.

Could somebody point me in the direction of a supplier of these two items which might be cheaper? Or is this the going rate?

I'm in West Sussex btw

Many thanks in advance

Nick
[/quote]

Sounds like a golden opportunity to ditch it and get something decent.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Fingers Lee"]Sounds like a golden opportunity to ditch it and get something decent.[/quote]

Another splendidly offensive and unhelpful response to a first-time poster there.

If that's all you have to add to the forums, please don't bother.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
[quote user="Fingers Lee"]Sounds like a golden opportunity to ditch it and get something decent.[/quote]

Another splendidly offensive and unhelpful response to a first-time poster there.

If that's all you have to add to the forums, please don't bother.
[/quote]

In what way was it offensive?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"]Because he seems perfectly happy with his Bose system (otherwise he would have asked for alternatives) and you made it clear that you think it's rubbish. Kind of obviously offensive.[/quote]

So what would your advice be?

John Duncan

Anyhoo. The power supply does look to be an expensive item, but that seems steep to me - last one to sell was 85 quid (which I presume was second hand). I would search laptop sites for a 33v/1.1a power supply - I have just read of somebody using his laptop PSU to power one successfully (though I'm not sure I'd recommend that straight off unless the V/A figures are pretty much the same).

As for the cable, dunno - is it proprietary (ie a weird connector) or just a bog-standard RCA subwoofer cable?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts