A

Anonymous

Pioneer LX508D

Pioneer PDP 508 XD

Panasonic PZ700

I think that would be my order of preference

A

Anonymous

I am currently looking at the samsung range for the very same reason. If you like the high gloss finish and their 50" has had good reviews in what hi-fi

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Well I have the SAMSUNG PS-50Q97HDX and I must say that it is a great screen and seeing as you can get it for just over a grand it offers great value for money as well.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="D.J.KRIME"]No mention of budget.[/quote]

He just asks for the best although I have to agree that even that is open to interpretation?

I am sure a few will argue that the commercial screens warrant a look too

A

Anonymous

let me know how your getn on with search only thing about the samsung was the warrenty that was putting me off

A

Anonymous

budget is up to 3k but would like also to get best value for money for my needs,this would only be a family telly at present have a 42 rear projection sony vega great telly but sadly outdated ,would want to also include dvd player and hi fi through the tv so please advise on best package that will enhance picture and sound.

cheers

A

Anonymous

The Pioneer pdp 508xd fits comfortable within budget

If you can wait till it comes down in price or find another £500 the LX508D would be the ultimate

A

Anonymous

Well, I have a wee update for you - I went and bought the Panny 50PZ700 today as i was getting frustrated at waiting for somewhere to have the Pioneer LX508 in stock.

I am completely blown away. The HD is superb and SD upscaled from my SKY HD box is amazing. Wasn't expecting this to be so good.

The Pioneer would have cost £3500 and I paid about half that for the Panny. Even IF the Pioneer was better, its not worth double the money. I doubt i would be able to actually SEE any improvement with my eyes.

I have, after months of reading and research on forums, finally settled on the right TV for my main lounge. What a relief I can tell you.

A

Anonymous

If you don't mind me asking doopydug, where did you get a deal as good as that, I had trouble tracking down a 42PZ700 at that price?

A

Anonymous

It was at Costco my friend - they have a great 3 year warranty with their TVs too

A

Anonymous

thanks for all your help and advice on diffrent plasmas i have just picked up the new samsung ps50q97hdx and sound system for £1300 may not be top of the range but for that price its great picture and sound ,one more question i read about that you can buy larger cables(monster) do these really make a huge diffrence also im connecting my dvd x box and hifi through the telly any advice to cut down on the amount of cables and is it worth getting someone in to tune and set up everything

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts