Help - Lip synch issue - how to switch HDMI return from TV?

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello, I wonder if anybody can help me. I have my TV connected to the AVR via analog output via Euroconector. When I listen to the TV using the receiver there is a terrible delay of at least 1second which creates lip synch issues. I do not understand why this delay happens when there is not even a DAC in the process. It is also interesting that when I turn on the zone 2 in the kitchen, it works fine and there is no delay via Zone2. The receiver lip synch settings are set to "Auto".

Any idea how could I fix this?

I also have the receiver connected to HDMI to the TV. Is there a possibility to be able to listen to the TV via the HDMI that is connected to the TV. Will this also work for Zone 2. I am using a Logitech harmony therefore I am not interested in HDMI control.

I already went through the manual but, can not figure out how to set this up properly.

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Andrew, it is a 32 samsung about 3 year old but I do not remember the exact model (it got 5 stars 3 years ago), I will check when I get back home. Is that the only thing that I would need? Activate ARC in my TV?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Without knowing which model it is, it's hard to say whether or not it supports ARC but, assuming it does, yes – you'd probably have to activate ARC on both the TV and the amp.

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello again, I have checked yesterday and the model is Samsung LE32A558P. I went throught the settings and could not find anywhere the word ARC so, not sure it is available. There is one place in the settings called "WISELINK" and "Active link" or something like that. If ARC is not available in my TV, how could I solve the lip synch problem specially since the AMP is already behind, therefore can not assig +ms delay or it will be worse. Also, I do not think that this is configurable by input.

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
As it has an "A" in the product code, i can only assume it pre-dates the arc function which is not available on your tv, but i'm not sure.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts