Help identifying part

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Hope someone can help. After a living room rearrangement to increase the distance between my speakers I need to make up some new speaker cables (made them as cheap as possible last time by making them as short as I could). This time I want to make a good job of them and tidy them up a bit by using braided sleeving etc. Rather than just having heat shrink over the junction where the single length of cable splits into two for the pos/neg and treble/bass wires I fancied using the little metal 'boots'. I don't know the proper name for these but audioquest seem to use them on the cables a lot i.e. http://www.audioquest.com/flat-rock/comet

I am not under any illusion as to any sonic benefits of what I am planning but I do like things to look neat and tidy. Does anyone know the proper term for these parts and if it is possible to buy them? I have seen a few on ebay from abroad but they are expesnive and look a bit naff!

Thanks!!

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Flea bay is your friend. Speaker Cable Boots.

images

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
cheers mate, these are the ones I spotted but didnt like all that much. unfortunately, searching cable boots tends to bring up mainly the heat shrink variety

stavvy

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
yeah they were ridiculously expensive and if i remember correctly they were all from hong kong. Thought it would have been a relatively easy thing to get hold of in the UK

TRENDING THREADS