Help I am confused!

boat

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
:) I am confused about what to do with my home cinema system. I am interested in buying a Yamaha YSP 2200 soundbar but am unsure if it will work properly in my room. I live in a one bedroom flat and have quite a lot of furniture in my living room. I would sell my rear speakers (Kef IQ5) and my centre speaker (Kef Q6C). I would keep the front speakers (Kef IQ5) and use my AV amp (Onkyo 607) as a sereo amp, as I understand the YSP 2200 is not great with music. Does anybody have the Yamaha and could advise me? I use a Panasonic Blu Ray Recorder. It would be nice to get rid of some of the speakers and cable from my room.

I am also tempted to take advantage of Arcam's trade in offer on the AVR400 and trade in my Onkyo 607. It cost £400 when I purchased it in 2009. The Arcam is a lot of money and I am concerned that my speakers are not good enough to justify a Receiver of that quality. I would have to use the Panasonic blu ray recorder with it and then eventually get a the Arcam blu ray player.

Any help would be appreciated.

Boat

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
I don't understand why you'd want to sell your surrounds and centre but then buy a soundbar (which won't be as good with surround sound) but keep or even upgrade your AV amp just for stereo/music purposes, when an AV amp won't sound as good with music as a dedicated (and much cheaper) stereo amp.

Seems to be an entirely illogical way of doing things to me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts