help for friend on his pioneer vsx920

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
selet hdmi for sky and optical1 for sound in the menu its fine then come out and the amp seems to want to choose to play the audio through the hdmi , and as we all know sky cant output 5.1 through the hdmi. i have proved this by unplugging the hdmi and the 5.1 dd come on and and all is good audio wise.

My fear is that the amp cant select 2 signals when hdmi is being selected. And the hdmi is overridding everything

many thanks simon

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i have had to take hdmi's from sky to the tv and optical to amp .

so please anyone going for pioneer just check your cable etc, i may be wrong but i pretty sure that when hdmi is used on this amp that no other digital cable can be assigned.

A

Anonymous

I used to have 920 and you can definitely allow you to watch the HDMI and assign the optical input for DD5.1.

Can't remember how off the top of my head but it's in the manual.

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I had a similar issue with my Denon 2311

Solution, in input setup-input mode-choose digital instead of HDMI

Also in HDMI set up under HDMI Audio Out toggle between TV (TV sound) or (Amp) but note as stated above input mode has to set to digital to take optical sound from HD Box to amp to decode.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
just had a pioneer tech guy say he will get to me tomorrow, but he says that the last month batch have all the updates and he claimed that shy hd is the only main unit that cant stream 5.1dd over hdmi so they have not allowed for it. But he says he may be wrong as he worked in the tv side. I have read the manual right through and there is nothing. i went to input and the hdmi1 that its plugged into renamed it sky hd and said use opitcal 1- and it works because your on the menu. then as soon as you come out the hdmi overrides coax and optical

A

Anonymous

Ensure the HDMI control is switched off, otherwise assigning the inputs will not work, look at page 43 in the manual.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts