HELP AUDIO RETURN BENEFITS AND HOW TO USE IT

gazman3510

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
AUDIO RETURN BENEFITS AND HOW TO USE ITgazman3510 OnlineJoined: 22/11/2008Posts: 13
Hi can someone explain in the simplest terms what is audio return how do I use it anthe benefits I have a Sony BDPS 790 bluray player a ONKYO TXNR 609 receiver

My tv is a Philips 50pfp5532d cables I will be using are audioquest pearl I know that my plasma tv is an older generation set dose that preclude me from being able to use the audio return feature I am a bit vague about this

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
It is unlikely you have ARC on your tv but you never know. Check the handbook for your tv and see if one of the HDMI inputs is marked ARC or spin the set round and see if any HDMI inputs are similarly marked up.

gazman3510

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Thanks I don't think the hdmi on my tv is marked as ARC but is there any other way to use audio channel return feature and can you explain exactly what audio channel return is and how to use it

Thanks in advance

Gaz

frodo1

Aug 7, 2008
Visit site
Your plasma is very old and so it doesn't support the ARC.

Only televisions from around 2010 and towards support ARC.

You must use digital coaxial cable or stereo RCA cinch cable if

you want to connect the sound from your TV to the Onkyo.

Andy Madden

Staff member
Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi gazman,

an ARC enables you to send audio from your TV's ARC-enabled HDMI input into your home cinema amp, thus bypassing your TV's speakers. Another benefit is that it saves you running extra cables (either a digital cable or pair of analogue interconnects) into your home cinema amp. With ARC, you just need the one HDMI cable.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
With ARC, as has been said, you get to connect things up more simply with one sort of cable.

You also get around the B>S> of cable preferences to supply your TV based sound because an HDMI compliant cable will do it all without any differences to sound quality. No more angst about expensive cables.

TRENDING THREADS