Help - airport express alternative

loudspeaker777

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi All

Just want to ask if anyone may help me with the following issue with the Airport express.

I'm connecting my Audiolab M Dac to the Airport Express for airplay connection, but as the M Dac does not compatible with the Airport Express as there are lots of drop off during streaming. Is there any other Hi Fi quality product could be used as an alternative for the Airport Express? could work as a airplay receiver and with a optical output

Thanks

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I have used my AEX (current version) exactly as you have described - plugged into my Quad Vena's DAC with mini-Toslink to Toslink cable - and it worked fine (with AirPlay) with no drop-outs at all.

I now use an Apple TV 3 for more flexibilty (for audio-only and also for 'catch-up' TV services like BBC iPlayer, All4 and YouTube etc. via AirPlay and apps on my iOS devices).

You could try just using the AEX's own built in DAC - without the M-DAC - to check everything is ok. (A lot of people find the AEX is excellent as a stand-alone DAC as well as just a network box.) I just use the AEX as a network extender now.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/apple/airport-express-audio-quality-2014.htm

You could also try calling Audiolab for assistance.

daveh75

loudspeaker777 said:
Hi All

Just want to ask if anyone may help me with the following issue with the Airport express.

I'm connecting my Audiolab M Dac to the Airport Express for airplay connection, but as the M Dac does not compatible with the Airport Express as there are lots of drop off during streaming. Is there any other Hi Fi quality product could be used as an alternative for the Airport Express? could work as a airplay receiver and with a optical output

Thanks

Have you tried hardwiring the AEX with ethernet (even if only temporary) to rule out WiFi as the issue?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts