Help accessing U.S BD Live Content In UK

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Searched for Forum Results relating to this post that i've just posted.

Proud owner of a Sony BDP-S770 Multi-Region Blu-Ray & DVD.

Have connected it to my network via wireless. As i'm a big advocate of importing my Blu-Rays; Movietyme.com (not endorsing them)

Can you still access the BD-Live content of a US Region Blu-Ray in the U.K. As i wasn't able to access any content when watching the following title and pressing on 'Live Features'

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

Would this be down to my ISP routed via the U.K or would i need to do a VPN to connect via a US Network.

Has anybody managed to work on a solution pertaining to this

ANY HELP, DIRECTIONS, TIPS WILL BE GREATLY WELCOMED :)

A

Anonymous

WOW 29 views and no response???

Anybody please
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

Is there anybody else whom can confirm they've got the same problem?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Very few people import US Blu-Rays and even fewer have multi-region Blu-Ray players. I have imported a few region free discs but can't say I've ever tried to look at BD-Live content on them (in fact, I think I've only looked at BD-Live content on one disc ever before realising it had very little value to me). So I think this is why you're not getting any responses.

However, if you've tried and it's not working, I'd say it's likely that, for some reason, the studio has decided to restrict the content to home market audiences (though I don't know why they would do this - that's movie studios for you though). You could always email them and ask.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
I live in Norway and I have this ISP identification problem to some extent.
For example I can't access BBC iPlayer from my Sony BluRay menu or even the FoxSat FreeSat box as the websites can identify a non-UK request.
The only reliable option at the moment is to access the iPlayer via a UK proxy service, so my PC connects to the websits via a UK server farm.
It's quite neat as I can also change my IP address to the US if I want to watch any streaming from The States.
As yet I am currently unaware of any device or software that will fool the actual router thereby enabling my other hardware to access this UK only stuff without the hassle.

Although I must confess I don't have any BluRay discs directly from the US, it sounds strange that it's forbidden to access the BD Live material as surely it's the same contents as what the other regions of BDs access?

Perhaps the problem lies elsewhere?
Are you sure you have expanded the memory of the player?
From what other people tell me, most BluRay discs are not region-enforced anyway.
Can you for example access BD-Live material from a European disc?

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys!!!

Just thought i'll be courteous and inform you as to what the problem could be.

Some Blu-Ray players don't have enough built-in 'Internal Memory'. Having probed around a few 'forums' elsewhere. I was surprised to learn that some players require an independent 'USB Stick' with at least a minimum of 1GB to buffer the content online.

Ordered a 'Sony 4GB Hi-Speed USB Stick' off Amazon.

To which will post results of it being successful or not.

Fingers crossed.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Have to say, I assumed when you asked specifically about accessing BD-Live content from a US disc that you had at least been able to access content from the UK to narrow it down to just US discs.

If this isn't the case, perhaps it's worth attempting to access BD-Live content from a UK Blu-ray as if this doesn't work, given your player has the 1GB memory built in as indicated above, it could simply be your player isn't able to access the internet for some reason...

A

Anonymous

Wasn't aware it was that much!!

We shall see either way anyhow!

A

Anonymous

I had a try last night with the US version of The Watchmen. I got as far as the login screen, then lost the will to continue. I couldn't be bothered to set up an account. I presume it would have let me continue on.

nads

NSYGrinner: I got as far as the login screen, then lost the will to continue. I couldn't be bothered to set up an account.

the single biggest issue with the "live" stuff. You cant "just" access it. you need an account for this one for that one and then for them and us and every other organization that thinks they are special and errr who cares can not be bothered...

A

Anonymous

Excactly. I set an account up on a Sony disc when I first got the player. All that faffing just to watch some trailers!

A

Anonymous

To all that posted on here!!

I just done the most 'idiotic' thing that a man could do. I realised that the 'Allow BD Access To Internet' was set to 'Do Not Allow'. I then went back into the US version of 'Grown Ups' loaded and was fine. I just need to create an account.

However, still loaded a 4GB USB stick at rear for extra mind.

Thanks for all your help though!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts