help a old guy

hoot37

Jun 26, 2020
Visit site
i have not owned a hifi system since my old amstrad (dont laugh).
I am looking at this system at moment,and does anyone know if i can add a turntable to it at a later date it is a denon
D-M41DAB
thanks if any one can help as i dont know if i need a pre amp i have about £400 to spend with out getting the turntable yet thanks phil

jedaisoul

May 16, 2020
Visit site
I have no personal experience of the Denon system you are considering, but from the reviews it seems to be an excellent choice. I just wonder why you would WANT to add a turntable?

Perhaps you have a treasured collection of LPs? Even so, I would suggest that you consider spending the money on replacing the LPs with CDs, many of which have been re-mastered, and sound very much better than the LPs ever did.

ClarkNovember

May 24, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps you have a treasured collection of LPs? Even so, I would suggest that you consider spending the money on replacing the LPs with CDs, many of which have been re-mastered, and sound very much better than the LPs ever did.

It‘s an interesting opinion but not everyone would say a remastered CD is better than an original LP in all cases. For example, a lot of modern remasters have been made to cater for the modern taste for loudness, with the dynamic range squashed.

I think replacing a cherished LP collection with CDs could be a minefield!

D

Deleted member 108165

It‘s an interesting opinion but not everyone would say a remastered CD is better than an original LP in all cases. For example, a lot of modern remasters have been made to cater for the modern taste for loudness, with the dynamic range squashed.

I think replacing a cherished LP collection with CDs could be a minefield!
Spot-on Clark (y)

Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts