help a old guy

hoot37

Jun 26, 2020
i have not owned a hifi system since my old amstrad (dont laugh).
I am looking at this system at moment,and does anyone know if i can add a turntable to it at a later date it is a denon
D-M41DAB
thanks if any one can help as i dont know if i need a pre amp i have about £400 to spend with out getting the turntable yet thanks phil

Al ears

Nov 23, 2008
Welcome to the forum.
The answer is yes as it has an analogue AUX input, however you would need a phono pre amplifier to go with that turntable or you could buy a turntable with one built into it.

Reactions: DougK

jedaisoul

May 16, 2020
I have no personal experience of the Denon system you are considering, but from the reviews it seems to be an excellent choice. I just wonder why you would WANT to add a turntable?

Perhaps you have a treasured collection of LPs? Even so, I would suggest that you consider spending the money on replacing the LPs with CDs, many of which have been re-mastered, and sound very much better than the LPs ever did.

ClarkNovember

May 24, 2009
Perhaps you have a treasured collection of LPs? Even so, I would suggest that you consider spending the money on replacing the LPs with CDs, many of which have been re-mastered, and sound very much better than the LPs ever did.
It‘s an interesting opinion but not everyone would say a remastered CD is better than an original LP in all cases. For example, a lot of modern remasters have been made to cater for the modern taste for loudness, with the dynamic range squashed.

I think replacing a cherished LP collection with CDs could be a minefield!

Reactions: Davyb and DougK

DougK

Dec 8, 2013
It‘s an interesting opinion but not everyone would say a remastered CD is better than an original LP in all cases. For example, a lot of modern remasters have been made to cater for the modern taste for loudness, with the dynamic range squashed.

I think replacing a cherished LP collection with CDs could be a minefield!
Spot-on Clark (y)

Reactions: Al ears

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS