Heed Elixir

LR Miller

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Need (want?) To get a replacement for my ageing 8000A amp. Was thinking a while ago about getting a Quad Vena but held on.

I am happy with the sound from the DAC in my Bluesound so don't need an amp/DAC combo. Speakers are B&W 686's

Anyone heard the Elixir, I have seen a good review by Paul Rigby (I believe)? Anyone any views on it's sound quality?

Thanks in advance

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Nop but it looks nice and is not too main stream. Like it.

If small form factor is important, Rega's Brio-R and cyrus' 8a may also be worth looking at.

LR Miller

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
drummerman said:

If small form factor is important, Rega's Brio-R and cyrus' 8a may also be worth looking at.

The reviewer describes it as something akin to a Brio killer. I must say that I am smitten by it but need to justify to myself the £750 cost.

LR Miller said:
drummerman said:

The reviewer describes it as something akin to a Brio killer. I must say that I am smitten by it but need to justify to myself the £750 cost.

Not heard it but all reviews seem favourable and Heed quality is pretty good. European built not a Chinese clone is also worth noting.

LR Miller

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Al ears said:
LR Miller said:
drummerman said:

Not heard it but all reviews seem favourable and Heed quality is pretty good. European built not a Chinese clone is also worth noting.

Thanks for your thoughts guys.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts