Heavily revised in the last year...

...but then it stayed largely the same for 10 years or more. Used to have an Arcam CD23t with an A32 acting as pre- and two P35s. CD started to reject discs just occasionally, so I found a Musical Fidelity M6S that was barely used at a bargain price on eBay and a slippery slope ensued. Lots of anti vibration measures taken in the last year - can't help but wonder whether the speakers are now the weakest link, but it sounds fabulous to me. I guess that means stay as I am, at least for now.

Ah, my pictures are too large too upload - any tips for posting pictures?

Thank you. I think a part of the issue is that post production being shipped elsewhere they aren't quite built like the battleships that the A308 series were. I think the A308 CD was 4kgs or so heavier than the M6, although the M6's tech specs seem to be more Nu Vista.

Given how big the differences are as a result of adding weight judiciously (see main hifi forum), that seems a wee bit short sighted.

Reactions: Squall Leonhart
D

Deleted member 2457

...but then it stayed largely the same for 10 years or more. Used to have an Arcam CD23t with an A32 acting as pre- and two P35s. CD started to reject discs just occasionally, so I found a Musical Fidelity M6S that was barely used at a bargain price on eBay and a slippery slope ensued. Lots of anti vibration measures taken in the last year - can't help but wonder whether the speakers are now the weakest link, but it sounds fabulous to me. I guess that means stay as I am, at least for now.

Ah, my pictures are too large too upload - any tips for posting pictures?
You can take pictures on a iPhone or iPad but you take them and upload them at the same time. So you are half way through your post then click on attach files take the picture then upload. Nice system btw.

It's going to be an interesting morning, as I have done what any reasonable and balanced individual* would do in response to lockdown and bought a new telly. I figure installing and programming will take up most of the morning.

*I can add a slight element of rationality by saying that watching A Perfect Planet made me think it needed a larger canvas.

Not a lot to show really, it's just a black slap of LG OLED, but the price of the larger screen sizes had become palatable.

Optimized-DSC_1354.JPG

Watched Alien in 4k last night, and I'm chuffed to bits - the black depth is well beyond the plasma I'd had since 2013, and the brightness is startling - things like torches look fantastic, and the flashing lights from the auto destruct sequence fill the room in a way that makes it so much more immersive. And obviously the detail levels are terrific - there's stuff in there that I had no idea about before.

I'm a happy man.

EDIT: Even happier having seen that the price at Richers is now £500 more than I paid on weds!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts